+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for any references for good Occupational Therapist in Sydney

Hello,

I am looking for any suggestions for a good OT for developing social skills & gross motor skills and a good Speech pathologist for my 2 .5 year old son in Sydney from your own experience.

Totally devastated at his recent assessment - ASD. I guess the NDIS funding process takes a looong time and I really donot want to waste more time in applying / waiting but help him as much as I could.

Please direct me to trusted therapists .

Regards,
    Last edited by prayforson; 27-11-2017 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please please advise . Any pointers towards this will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friend has a Downs boy, they go to Therapies for Kids, I think in Leichhardt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Looking for any references for good Occupational Therapist in Sydney

Moveabout Occupational Therapy and Grace OT are both highly regarded. They are in the hills district area (Norwest). Chatterbox speech therapy are excellent but can be hard to get into. Also in Norwest. Otherwise ask the psychologist and/or paediatrician who diagnosed your son for recommendations.

While you wait for NDIS funding you can access a mental health care plan for 10 subsidized OT sessions and an enhanced care plan for subsidized speech therapy. Talk to your GP about those options. We have run out of those options and are quickly using up our private health insurance limits. DS goes to both OT and speech weekly and once our insurance limits are reached we will be out of pocket $250 per week for therapy. It’s worth it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks misho and Cue for your responses.

God Bless your little champ Cue, i sincerely hope they benefit from these therapies and could attend a regular pre-school.
    Last edited by prayforson; 29-11-2017 at 01:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Moveabout Occupational Therapy and Grace OT are both highly regarded. They are in the hills district area (Norwest). Chatterbox speech therapy are excellent but can be hard to get into. Also in Norwest. Otherwise ask the psychologist and/or paediatrician who diagnosed your son for recommendations.

While you wait for NDIS funding you can access a mental health care plan for 10 subsidized OT sessions and an enhanced care plan for subsidized speech therapy. Talk to your GP about those options. We have run out of those options and are quickly using up our private health insurance limits. DS goes to both OT and speech weekly and once our insurance limits are reached we will be out of pocket $250 per week for therapy. It’s worth it though.

Hi Cue,

When i was searching on internet for Chatterbox speech services. i came across two of them. Would you please be able to comment, which one were you referring to ,

http://chatterboxclinic.com/
    https://www.chatterboxspeech.com.au/

Thanks,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The first link is the one I recommended. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cue... reaching out again in the group for a good child psychologist... If anyone of you had experience or know of a good psychologist, kindly advise.

Thanks so much