+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I need some hope - bleeding with low, but still increasing hcg levels

Hello,

I must apologise as this may be along winded post, I just really want advice/stories good or bad.

I am 7.3wks today, but have had bleeding since about 5wks. I went to ED as I had an ectopic in Jan this year. Drs did bloods and said it was too early to do an u/s as my hcg levels were only 99, but they did an internal exam and said my cervix was closed and asked me to come back for 48hr hcg levels. So on the 10/11 - hcg231 and 12/11 hcg499. The midwives were confident that by the end of the week my hcg levels would be high enough for u/s. BUT 17/11 hcg-800 they attempted one anyway and didn't see anything in the uterus yet, but they did confirm no ectopic yet either. I am due back for another blood test in a few days and hopefully another scan next week.

I am still bleeding, its like a very light period and am feeling very sore boobs and intermittent nausea. I had some mild cramping yesterday but no pains now. Its so frustrating not knowing if I can celebrate or start mourning. I just need to know if anyone has been through similar situations.

Still hopeful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I didn’t want to read and run. I know how all consuming the worry can be. I hope you get better news in your next blood tests and scan.

I have had a loss following bleeding which started at 5w. My hcg started low, then doubled nicely and continued to rise for almost 2 weeks. But then I got an intense headache that lasted a few days, the bleeding got heavier and my hcg stalled.

But I can also share a good news story too. My mum had very slow rising hcg and bled for weeks and my brother is now a perfectly normal, sometimes annoying, 43 year old

I’m sorry you have this worry right now and hope this little bub sits tight.

R

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

occaisinallylucky (21-11-2017),Phia (20-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I’m sorry you’re going through this -
    It’s not over til it’s over!

When You say light period, what colour exactly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @occaisinallylucky I have been there as I also had an ectopic last year and had to have my right tube removed and I sympathise sooo much! Sending lots of hugs.

Unfortunately I really can’t tell what’s happening but I don’t understand why they can’t see anything on your ultrasound? I only ask because I am having a 6 week scan to see if it’s in the right place.

The only thing you can do is wait and stay positive and be hopeful. Certain foods and exercise really aggravate any cramping I have so watch you eat and rest LIKE CRAZY!

I will be thinking of you, all the very best, stay strong xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Solar For This Useful Post:

occaisinallylucky (21-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    I’m sorry you’re going through this -
    It’s not over til it’s over!

When You say light period, what colour exactly?
    It varies sometimes it’s a bright red but mostly it’s dark. My body is confusing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you doing @occaisinallylucky ? Any developments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    How are you doing @occaisinallylucky ? Any developments?
    Hi @Solar

Unfortunately my latest hcg levels decreased so I am most likely having a miscarriage. I’m going for another blood test next week to make sure but I’m also losing some of the pregnancy symptoms (though the nausea is lingering!).

Thanks for your thoughts and at least I can now start to plan for the next one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m really sorry for your loss, I know how awful you must be feeling. Best of luck with it all, look after yourself and find someone professionally to talk about this xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Solar For This Useful Post:

occaisinallylucky (24-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’m really sorry too - it’s so hard getting to this point and have it taken away so quickly - I hope that you take the time to heal and give yourself some support xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by occaisinallylucky View Post
    Hi @Solar

Unfortunately my latest hcg levels decreased so I am most likely having a miscarriage. I’m going for another blood test next week to make sure but I’m also losing some of the pregnancy symptoms (though the nausea is lingering!).

Thanks for your thoughts and at least I can now start to plan for the next one
    Sorry for your loss @occaisinallylucky

I had a D&C last Friday at 9weeks (a missed miscarriage )

I can feel your pain. Feel free to pm me if it helps xx

Take care of yourself x