+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #8

Quote Originally Posted by missybear View Post
    Hi @Littlebit and congratulations on that beautiful heartbeat!

I’ve doubled up for the next few days to try to get back up quickly. So far I’ve been doing four orally and two vaginally. I’m feeling good, though by my 3rd oral one yesterday I felt light headed like I was drunk oops, but I wasn’t driving so that’s ok and it passed within about an hour.

Perhaps my levels aren’t as great as I had gone through the menopause and don’t produce natural progesterone levels like you other ladies?? I don’t know. A while back there was another lady on here who had been two years past menopause before getting her BFP in Greece, can anyone remember who it was??
    I don't think it makes a difference as the corpus lutium is the thing that produces progesterone after you ovulate. So anyone who doesn't ovulate or is on down reg won't have one either. It's just maybe your body doesn't absorb it that well vaginally?? I read a study on progesterone absorbtion which was very interesting. I wish I could remember where it was! Basically it said you should take it as many ways as possible to ensure proper absorption.
    Plus blood levels aren't always accurate as no one really knows how much is getting to the embryo. Hence the reason to keep up the pessaries they say it goes straight through to the embryo rather that going through the blood first.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Kalina  (12-11-2017),missybear  (12-11-2017),Monty73  (12-11-2017),Phia  (12-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Moc24, I’ll do some more reading x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Phia  (12-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlebit20 View Post
    Hello again lovely ladies. Just wanted to update you, I had another scan and was lying there very nervous as always and I just had to look at my doctors face and I burst into tears, she had the biggest smile on her face and a second later I heard the heartbeat I was a blubbering mess for an hour. I had never gotten to that stage before and I have to say it was the most beautiful sound I’ve ever heard as a lot of you ladies must know. The heartbeat was 177 bpm.

I’m feeling great otherwise. Exhausted but that’s really all and I feel so lucky. I will be 9 weeks on Monday.

Baby dust to you all and all the best to you ladies heading over in the next week or two. Can’t wait to read your news xxx
    Fantastic news, I'm so happy for you @Littlebit20

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Littlebit20  (18-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moc24 View Post
    I don't think it makes a difference as the corpus lutium is the thing that produces progesterone after you ovulate. So anyone who doesn't ovulate or is on down reg won't have one either. It's just maybe your body doesn't absorb it that well vaginally?? I read a study on progesterone absorbtion which was very interesting. I wish I could remember where it was! Basically it said you should take it as many ways as possible to ensure proper absorption.
    Plus blood levels aren't always accurate as no one really knows how much is getting to the embryo. Hence the reason to keep up the pessaries they say it goes straight through to the embryo rather that going through the blood first.
    What kind of progesterone do you take orally? The clinic in Greece will have me on Cyclogest, which I haven't used before. Here I've used Endometrin and Oripro, I don't imagine those suckers are intended for oral intake...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    What kind of progesterone do you take orally? The clinic in Greece will have me on Cyclogest, which I haven't used before. Here I've used Endometrin and Oripro, I don't imagine those suckers are intended for oral intake...
    No I doubt it.
    Get Utrogestan 200mg when you get to Greece. It is progesterone in oli. It can be taken as a pessary or orally. Ovum prefer you to take most of your daily dose vaginally but you can take one a day orally if you wish. They do make you drowsy. They cost about €6-7 for pack of 15 in Greece which is a lot cheaper than you can get any progesterone here so stock up when you go over. They are readily available at any pharmacy (pharmacies have a big green cross out the front in Greece).
    In my experience they are also not as messy as the pessaries here and easy to insert.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (12-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    IMG_1510457226.299936.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (12-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    @missybear. I have heaps of utrogestan also if you need more asap xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

missybear  (12-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moc24 View Post
    No I doubt it.
    Get Utrogestan 200mg when you get to Greece. It is progesterone in oli. It can be taken as a pessary or orally. Ovum prefer you to take most of your daily dose vaginally but you can take one a day orally if you wish. They do make you drowsy. They cost about €6-7 for pack of 15 in Greece which is a lot cheaper than you can get any progesterone here so stock up when you go over. They are readily available at any pharmacy (pharmacies have a big green cross out the front in Greece).
    In my experience they are also not as messy as the pessaries here and easy to insert.
    Thanks, appreciate it. That is much cheaper. Are they prescription only there as well or can you stock up to your heart's content? They'll have me on 400 morning and 400 at night. Don't know how that compares to others' donor cycles (I'm down-regging), but it's more than I've had with any of my OE cycles.

I like to think I'm a fairly rational person, but TTC makes me so superstitious. Stocking up on progesterone has to be done and I'll do it, but my insides are screaming. It feels so presumptuous to stock up!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (13-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    @missybear. I have heaps of utrogestan also if you need more asap xx
    Oh you wonderful wonderful lady! I greatly appreciate the offer. I’m getting results Tuesday late afternoon so if these bigger quantities are what’s required I’ll message you honey, thank you so much!

I’m not fancying progesterone needles in the butt at this stage, it doesn’t sound fun xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Mrsl73  (15-11-2017)