Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0

    Default Dreams come true stay positive

    Im 44 and dh is nearly 48 trying ivf as mentioned earlier last time in 6 mths trying for adoption/pc. Wishing you all the best for surrogacy, i couldn't follow that path for cost reasons. I met my man when 38.....if we could turn back time lol, keep us informed of your journey.😘
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2bamumagain View Post
    yes keep us posted
    Last edited by happyas2; 23-03-2018 at 07:55.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    45
    Reviews
    0
    thank u...happyas2...only in its preliminary stages...if it doesnt happen, could be lookin to on donate....just pondering

    H

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0

    Default Update

    Cc2018 my dh & I got a phone call today, day of transfer that was a life changer. As mentioned this is 8th IVF attempt, this last cycle 4 eggs collected got advised 2 fertilized and transfer would be day 5. We were advised our two embryos are at "Cleavage Stage" meaning not have capacity to develop into complete embryos.
    So we have decided to go down the adoption path, reality is now i will never be able to give birth naturally 😣😂just hope we get in before dh turns 50 sad day today will have to soldier on !! Feels good to tell you all as we all understand what each individual is going through thanks everyone 😘

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Posted a new thread cc2018

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by happyas2 View Post
    Cc2018 my dh & I got a phone call today, day of transfer that was a life changer. As mentioned this is 8th IVF attempt, this last cycle 4 eggs collected got advised 2 fertilized and transfer would be day 5. We were advised our two embryos are at "Cleavage Stage" meaning not have capacity to develop into complete embryos.
    So we have decided to go down the adoption path, reality is now i will never be able to give birth naturally just hope we get in before dh turns 50 sad day today will have to soldier on !! Feels good to tell you all as we all understand what each individual is going through thanks everyone
    I wish I could give you a hug. Tough tough times. Well I suppose it’s now a matter of what next! What is the rule about age for applicants for adoption? Is fostering another option?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CC2018 For This Useful Post:

    happyas2 (10-05-2018),RubADub (01-05-2018)

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanks
    1,095
    Thanked
    2,277
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @jb15 so sorry for the struggle you have had.

    I was wondering if you have thought of/know of going overseas for donor eggs/embryos? After 10 years of infertility treatment I am currently 24 weeks pregnant from going to Greece for donor eggs. Donor embryos are also readily available. The cost is no more than ivf in Australia and the clinics match the donors to you and your dh. It is all completely anonymous so you don’t need to tell anyone if you don’t want to. There are great threads on here for egg donation in Greece, South Africa and Czech Republic if you want more info.
    Good luck and I hope you are looking after yourself.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Moc24 View Post
    @jb15 so sorry for the struggle you have had.

    I was wondering if you have thought of/know of going overseas for donor eggs/embryos? After 10 years of infertility treatment I am currently 24 weeks pregnant from going to Greece for donor eggs. Donor embryos are also readily available. The cost is no more than ivf in Australia and the clinics match the donors to you and your dh. It is all completely anonymous so you don’t need to tell anyone if you don’t want to. There are great threads on here for egg donation in Greece, South Africa and Czech Republic if you want more info.
    Good luck and I hope you are looking after yourself.
    So the whole process was done in Greece? And how much was it for a cycle with the cost of the embryo also? And then flights added. May I ask what your issue was with infertility?

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0

    Default Cc2018

    Hi have applied for adoption now lost another two embryos in my 8th IVF attempt....lost 11 embroyos all up two sets of twins. Been tough seeing Pyschologist to get us through challenging times how are you going? 😊😊😊
    Quote Originally Posted by CC2018 View Post
    Keep us posted xxxxxx

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to happyas2 For This Useful Post:

    misho (10-05-2018)

  11. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0

    Default Cc2018

    Thank you for your kind words, did not see this thread originally lol new to this. You can adopt at my age 44 and dh 48 no cut off I thought 50 was but told on phone no. So on waitlist for Permanent Care/ Adoption fostering is tougher you get attached and they go back to mothers, cousins fostered 20 plus years ago saw a few cases laws sucked then.
    Quote Originally Posted by CC2018 View Post
    I wish I could give you a hug. Tough tough times. Well I suppose it’s now a matter of what next! What is the rule about age for applicants for adoption? Is fostering another option?

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Hi all.

    Just an update as mentioned applied for adoption/permanent care have an information session in July. I'm also on threading group for Local adoption for Victoria so many people have travelled our road.

    Forgot to mention i get Chinese accupuncture/cupping to correct hormones, moods etc the fact it's natural, feeling better dh is getting there also he had a few days a/l from work, saw a show on tv with a nursery that upset me a bit, here's hoping I can Adopt/or Permanent care in the future and start a new journey in life.


 

Similar Threads

  1. new to Alice and alone
    By peta Crowhurst in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-03-2006, 23:23
  2. Anti Depressants and Pregnancy??
    By Harmony83 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-03-2006, 11:20
  3. Depressed and so over everything
    By SweetDreams in forum Issues with Family Members
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-01-2006, 16:39
  4. Feeling Very Depressed And Guilty
    By Baileyjaysmum in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 20:19
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 14:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
BUMPFertilityIf you can't conceive, you need to try a fresh, new approach. New research identifies 80% of infertility is caused by ...