+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary IVF #6

Quote Originally Posted by mrsll View Post
    Hi everyone! First post. A little background, my husband and I are both 32 and we are blessed enough to have an almost 3yo girl through Melbourne IVF. We are even more blessed to have 4 frosties waiting for us to go again.

We are looking into Primary, as we just can't afford private clinics anymore. I have arranged for them to call me tomorrow to discuss. I'm excited and nervous!

I have a couple of questions -

Is there a wait list for your first appointment? We don't want to jump straight into it, we are looking at the end of the year/start of next year to start a cycle. However are we best to start now?

Has anyone here transferred their frosties to Primary? Is there a cost involved?

Any advice or help would be amazing. We will be going to the Melbourne clinic.
    Welcome

I wouldn't say there is a very big wait at all, I was in within 2 weeks when I first went in but they are getting more and more busy. I went in today and they actually told me to call before my cycle starts to see if they can fit me in for a collection that month. This is for the Sydney clinic though. I think more and more people are now finding out about it so there's a lot more demand for it.

Maybe go in for the first appointment as that's when they will give you all the referrals for the tests you need and then just have them there for when you are ready. You need to get an AMH test (unless yours is recent)bloods on days 2-3, ultrasound on day 6-7 and then another set of bloods & urine on day 21. You'll also need your Pap smears up to date. Being in Melbourne I think you also have to have clearance from a councilor or something like that.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tiika17 View Post
    Welcome to the Primary IVF journey

You'll definitely have to do them again. My tests were only a couple of months old and I had to redo them. So it took around two months to get them all but I've only been there twice and already got my plan and scripts for medication etc. Also make sure you have a recent-ish Pap smear as they asked me for that as well.

As I live 3 hours away they organized me to have my second gp app, FS app and Nurse app all in one day. Was definitely an information overload but so worth it.
    What meds have they got you on? 3 hours away!! That's a bit of a trek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome

I wouldn't say there is a very big wait at all, I was in within 2 weeks when I first went in but they are getting more and more busy. I went in today and they actually told me to call before my cycle starts to see if they can fit me in for a collection that month. This is for the Sydney clinic though. I think more and more people are now finding out about it so there's a lot more demand for it.

Maybe go in for the first appointment as that's when they will give you all the referrals for the tests you need and then just have them there for when you are ready. You need to get an AMH test (unless yours is recent)bloods on days 2-3, ultrasound on day 6-7 and then another set of bloods & urine on day 21. You'll also need your Pap smears up to date. Being in Melbourne I think you also have to have clearance from a councilor or something like that.

Hope this helps
    EDIT: I just realized you've already got some frozen elsewhere so the process could be completely different for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer89 View Post
    Thanks @tiika17
    It's such a small world, I have an appointment there on Saturday for some acu
    Just seeing how you went with your acu? Did you like it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello guys

I am with primary ivf Melbourne.
    We started the process in Jan this year and had just completed our egg collection on 25th August. We were told that we have to return for a frozen embryo transfer after seeing our FS Dr Nick because they think I may have OHSS.

Was wondering whether anyone can tell me what will happen after I see Dr Nick and before I do the FET? The meds? Appts? Scans? Anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melkk View Post
    Hello guys

I am with primary ivf Melbourne.
    We started the process in Jan this year and had just completed our egg collection on 25th August. We were told that we have to return for a frozen embryo transfer after seeing our FS Dr Nick because they think I may have OHSS.

Was wondering whether anyone can tell me what will happen after I see Dr Nick and before I do the FET? The meds? Appts? Scans? Anything?
    Hi Melk I was just wondering why it took so long before your first appointment and your egg collection? I only ask because I'm worried about over stimulation too as I have pcos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just seeing how you went with your acu? Did you like it?
    It was great thanks! I really enjoyed it and have been back, have another appointment next week I always walk out the same as after I've had a good meditation session lol. How are you finding it?

Gearing up to start the next round on the 23rd, they've changed all my meds which have been staring at me from the fridge for the last month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Solar

We completed all the tests but was mainly waiting for the FS availability to see us after our GP appts.

When the FS did see us we were told that I needed to take a rubella shot, which I did but had to wait for 3 months before trying again.

After 3 months we had the all clear and finally it we saw the FS again. He explained that we needed to see the counsellor then nurse.

2 months we waited for the counsellor and nurse appt to come around because at Melbourne primary, there are only 2 counsellors available. On the morning of the appt we received a cancellation call because our counsellor called in sick. So we waited for another 6 weeks. We went in for the appt and that same counsellor was 2hrs late (she went in saw us and left for lunch w/o telling the receptionist so we waited and waited - I had to catch a flight that afternoon too!)

When egg collection Day came around we were told that I have symptoms of developing OHSS. Apparently it's normal in women who have pcos. I didn't have the ovidrel trigger. I had something else (I forgot the name). Because I took this as a trigger means I cannot do a fresh transfer.

Tip: after egg collection, go home and rest but do not lay flat on your back. Lay reclined for the first day.

After my egg collection, I went home and slept for 6hrs on my back. Woke up at 12am all good. When I stood up, was dizzy, back and shoulders started to ache and then I vomited. Then I wasn't able to breathe. My chest was tight and I was gasping for air. Husband rushed me to ER at 2am and was admitted straight away. Drs there said that it was because fluids got into my lungs when I was laying flat instead of reclined. Hence why I was having the above symptoms. He said it was not OHSS because it OHSS only develops 3 to 4 days after egg collection. They also checked for internal bleeding too.

I wished someone had told me this at egg collection day because it was painful to go through.

Now that I have recovered, Nurse said that we have to do a frozen transfer
    but only after seeing our FS again for review and update. Our FS now only works part time so he can only fit us in for 2/10. So that's where I am now.. waiting for this appt to come around so he can tell us of the next steps before FET.

I heard that he'll give us tablets to take 3x a day to build on my uterus wall but just don't know when I have to start on the first tablet.

Long and emotional roller coaster..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer89 View Post
    It was great thanks! I really enjoyed it and have been back, have another appointment next week I always walk out the same as after I've had a good meditation session lol. How are you finding it?

Gearing up to start the next round on the 23rd, they've changed all my meds which have been staring at me from the fridge for the last month
    I'm finding it great, I was meant to go las t Thursday for my 3rd or 4th treatment but I moved house and everything was so full on.

We seen the Gp, FS then nurse on Tuesday and filled out all the paper, got my scripts etc. Picking up my medication tomorrow then I have to wait until AF arrives. Its due to come the day I fly home from QLD from our holiday so I'm hoping it doesn't come early.

Did you pick up your medication from Hamilton & have to have all your scans at Lingard?

They have me on 150 of Gonal F from day 2 then another one I can't think of right now then the trigger. She also gave me a script for another needle that starts with D I think. Apparently I take it if we don't do collection this month or something. All so confusing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tikka

You'll be on the Gonal 150 from day 2 for about 5 days then you ADD ON another injection from day 5 for about 3 days. Gonal help your follicles grow - stimulating your follicles. The second injection stops you from ovulating naturally. In between you'll do your blood test and scan on about day 6 and day 8 - from these results they'll be able to tell whether you're overstimulating or not producing much so they increase or decrease your meds.
    About day 8 or 10 (depends on how you respond to the meds) you'll do the trigger Ovidril. This is to make you ovulate within 48hrs hence why they'll book you in for egg collection. If you use Ovidril you'll get to do a fresh transfer - putting your egg back in you 5 days after egg collection. If you're like me you'll be given the other 'trigger' injection starts with D. You'll do egg collection but you'll have to do frozen Transfer. This D trigger has hcg in it and that's why you can't do fresh because it will make you really sick.

This happened to me and that's why I am now waiting for my frozen transfer. It's been a month of waiting now. I heard it's 3 months.