+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Comfortable work shoes for big feet that aren't ugly?

As the title says - do they exist?! I need fashion advice.
    I have size 11 feet. I only wear flats these days. I hate shoe shopping - shoes are a functional necessity to me so I buy the bare minimum and wear them to death. Shoes must be black for me. In winter I wear boots to work every day and Skechers on non-work days. Rest of the year I wear ballet flats or sandals to work and Birkenstock gizeh on non-work days. So it's about 6 pairs of shoes on rotation across the entire year lol.
    The last 2 days I've come home from work and my feet/toes are killing me from my boots for some reason. I think I need a new pair of shoes = worst nightmare for me.
    Does anyone have any ideas on comfy black work shoes for big feet that aren't super ugly? In winter I usually wear skinny pants to work and my office is really cold so that's why I wear boots but I am open to other ideas. Just remember though that size 11 feet on a tall skinny person make A LOT of shoes look awful
    I prefer to go try shoes on too but it doesn't seem like there are many places to buy shoes these days other than online?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tall and skinny with size 11 here. I get my work shoes from Harris scarfe. Black with a Mary Jane strap across the top. Sooo comfy. I also bought a pair of new High boots from cotton on, soooo comfy and they sit really well around my non existent calf muscles

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (22-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my stilettos and funky shoes but I can't wear them to work anymore. I'm starting to get bunions and my feet hurt in uncomfortable heels nowadays.

The last 3 pairs of work shoes I've bought are from airflex. I know that sounds daggy but they're really comfortable and quite ok looking - I just bought some patent black heels (I work in a corporate office so heels are kind of a must), but they do have lots of flats too.

I haven't checked where you are but I know they have stores in Sydney and Perth???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I am nervy about recommending a good flat/boot after the feisty shoe threads of late!
    Airflex?
    You honestly sound like my oldest friend - size 11 feet, six foot tall and skinny.
    Myer in WA at least have try on options. Birk shops usually have different foot friendly brands.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I love my stilettos and funky shoes but I can't wear them to work anymore. I'm starting to get bunions and my feet hurt in uncomfortable heels nowadays.

The last 3 pairs of work shoes I've bought are from airflex. I know that sounds daggy but they're really comfortable and quite ok looking - I just bought some patent black heels (I work in a corporate office so heels are kind of a must), but they do have lots of flats too.

I haven't checked where you are but I know they have stores in Sydney and Perth???
    I'm in Adelaide and there is an airflex store at my local Westfield. I looked at them online but maybe I need to go in-store and see what they're like in person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried looking on Rosenberg website? They go from size 10-14 I think. They might have something nice!
    I wear zieras sometimes. Some of their shoes are hideous but they had gorgeous boots in winter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LIKE A BOSS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Tall and skinny with size 11 here. I get my work shoes from Harris scarfe. Black with a Mary Jane strap across the top. Sooo comfy. I also bought a pair of new High boots from cotton on, soooo comfy and they sit really well around my non existent calf muscles
    Haven't tried Harris scarfe in years. If I can get a couple of hours at Marion I can have a look. Where can I find a couple of hours for shopping that'll be my next question

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wear Planet Shoes to work. Given I'm on my feet all day, I can't cheap out and they are worth the money. Pretty sure I normally pay about $120-$150 for them. They have various styles depending on what style you're looking for. Myer sell them (that's where I first found them). I never knew what arch support was until I bought some of these. Now my legs/feet don't ache after a 12hr shift on my feet. Definitely worth checking out.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LIKE A BOSS View Post
    Have you tried looking on Rosenberg website? They go from size 10-14 I think. They might have something nice!
    I wear zieras sometimes. Some of their shoes are hideous but they had gorgeous boots in winter
    Have never heard of it but I'll have a look!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I wear Planet Shoes to work. Given I'm on my feet all day, I can't cheap out and they are worth the money. Pretty sure I normally pay about $120-$150 for them. They have various styles depending on what style you're looking for. Myer sell them (that's where I first found them). I never knew what arch support was until I bought some of these. Now my legs/feet don't ache after a 12hr shift on my feet. Definitely worth checking out.
    I saw a pair of these on myer online that looked like a possibility