+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Game of Thrones #2

That episode had so many great conversations! Jon & Jorah, Tormund and the Hound, Jon & Dany. Loved it!

Can't wait for Jaime and Brienne to meet again. I also predict that the Hound and the Mountain will have their final showdown... which makes me nervous!

I loved how Jon totally humbled Dany. When he said he'd bend the knee and she said "I hope I deserve it". He's shown her that he's a true leader, warrior, and King, and that he's humble about it. He was chosen by his people to be their king, rather than it being a birth right, and now she understands why.

Also, a note on the dragons - I predict the final battle to be Dany riding Drogon (named for her husband, Khal Drogo), Jon riding Rhaegal (named for his father, Prince Rhaegar), and the night king riding Viserion (named for Dany's brother, who was killed by Drogo).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

LaReine (22-08-2017),Mama Mirabelle (22-08-2017),PinkPink (22-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Also, a note on the dragons - I predict the final battle to be Dany riding Drogon (named for her husband, Khal Drogo), Jon riding Rhaegal (named for his father, Prince Rhaegar), and the night king riding Viserion (named for Dany's brother, who was killed by Drogo).
    I agree. I was sure Rhaegal would come back to rescue Jon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum (22-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really enjoyed the episode and was on the edge of my seat - the polar bear saw my heart jump out of my chest 😂 What I didn't enjoy was knowing every single scene that was going to happen due to plot leaks I had previously seen. Ive decided that I'm going to watch season 8 without watching any spoilers or plot leaks. I'm going to go in blind so to speak.

Looking forward to next week's season finale and the sheer amount of characters that will meet!

Depressed we have to wait a whole year for the conclusion

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Little Miss Sunshine, I agree with all your points about the ep. I didnt love it - I thought it actually dragged a bit and there's no shock value anymore in my opinion. I also care zero about the dragons lol

Plus, Arya's been my favourite character the entire series but she has just become creepy. Maybe it's the effect of becoming a faceless (wo)man. I dunno but I dont like it!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine (22-08-2017),wobbleyhorse (22-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok, so until now I had no idea there were plans for a season 8 (yes I've been living under a rock). This changes everything.. I thought they had to wrap up all the storylines in one Ep, hence why I was feeling frustrated. I thought after next weeks Ep, GOT would be finished for good! What a fool Haha. Ah well, I'm now super excited for next and ready for anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Game of Thrones #2

Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    @Little Miss Sunshine, I agree with all your points about the ep. I didnt love it - I thought it actually dragged a bit and there's no shock value anymore in my opinion. I also care zero about the dragons lol

Plus, Arya's been my favourite character the entire series but she has just become creepy. Maybe it's the effect of becoming a faceless (wo)man. I dunno but I dont like it!!
    Yeah I'm finding Arya's character really unlikeable this season. The way she was carrying on to Sansa ep was smug and creepy. Which is disappointing- I loved her so much when she was running around with the Hound. Hoping the final episode will clear up that storyline. Maybe she should just concentrate on her list instead of being boring and nasty to her sister.

I've been reading a lot of recaps/comments online and we are definitely not alone with our frustrations/disappointment.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 22-08-2017 at 16:33.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle (22-08-2017),wobbleyhorse (22-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Attachment 91637
    @moosey, that's OK then. Brienne and Jamie can be friends. I'm cool with that. He needs something to help counter Cersei

With Arya and Sansa, I do see what you're saying, but remember they have never really gotten along. They have always been so very different. Neither has any idea what the other has been through. That was clear from last night - Ayra hunks Sansa has had an easy run of it, and Sansa thins Ayra was on holiday! I think they might be kinder to each other if they had more understanding.

Ayra has also had that image of Sansa standing with Joffrey and Cersei when Ned was beheaded in her head for years. And Sansa stood up for Joffrey when Ayra's friend the butchers boy was killed on the way to Kings Landing as she didn't know he was a psychopath then. So while Ayra is being a little creepy, I can understand where she's coming from. But I also understand Sansa feeling attacked by it as she has also gone through a lot. When she said to Ayra something like you would never have survived what I had to, she's right. I don't think Ayra would have. But then I don't think Sansa could have made it through what Ayra has either. They are both strong, just in different ways.

That's my take on it anyway. I hope one day they will talk to each other. Really talk. They might find they have more in common than they think.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle (23-08-2017),moosey (22-08-2017),witherwings (22-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been reading some theories about the night king setting a trap for Jon & his magnificent 7 (plus miscellaneous spares) in order to get one of the dragons.. it kind of makes sense, because he could have easily killed Jon & co while they sat there for a day on that rock.. also he could have raised thoros but he didn't.. and he could have frozen over the lake (he brings the storm/winter).. so why didn't he?
    But then if it was a trap, how did he even know about the dragons?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I've been reading some theories about the night king setting a trap for Jon & his magnificent 7 (plus miscellaneous spares) in order to get one of the dragons.. it kind of makes sense, because he could have easily killed Jon & co while they sat there for a day on that rock.. also he could have raised thoros but he didn't.. and he could have frozen over the lake (he brings the storm/winter).. so why didn't he?
    But then if it was a trap, how did he even know about the dragons?
    I think this is very possible. If you remember when Bran had warged into the ravens as they flew north of the wall and over the army of the dead, the Night King looked at the ravens like he was looking straight into Bran's eyes, he knew it was Bran. He also saw Bran and touched his arm during a vision, which broke the magic around the 3 eyed Raven's cave under the tree. So I think the Night King has some powers similar to Bran's.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

PinkPink (25-08-2017),witherwings (26-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG 😮😱😵 What an episode! I won't say any more into everyone's had a chance to watch.