+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First round IVF/ICSI-ttc baby #1 (2)

@IrishAsh my FS said I could stop at 10 weeks. My obs said that after 10 weeks the placenta normally takes over production of progesterone but it would be fine to continue progesterone pessaries until 13 weeks / first trimester scan but they probably wouldn't do much. I had enough to get me to 13 weeks so I have continued, especially with the bleeding. Will have to call her after my scan to see if I stop or continue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

This is my first IVF cycle and started stims last Wednesday. Today was my first scan and my FS wasn't positive. She could only find 1 on left and 1 maybe 2 follicles on right. She isn't optimistic but has upped my dosage and will see me again on Friday when we will decide if we go ahead either EPU. Anyone have some success stories with a similar situation?

Would acupuncture help at this stage?
    Would love some hope that we don't have to cancel our first round.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @LittleMay1
    I'll start by saying everyone's experience is different and I can only comment on mine... I really hope the increase in dosage has the right effect, but please prepare yourself (as much as you can) that it might be cancelled.. it will seem like the worst outcome at the time, but it is better to cancel now and start a fresh cycle when your FS is a little more sure of how your body will react to stims. I had the same situation in my first cycle. Follicle scan was great but my levels in my bloods wasn't high enough.. I didn't find this out until my second follicle scan. So went in completely positive thinking I'd be getting my date for trigger and instead was told we would probably cancel- which we did. I was devastated. It felt like such a waste of time.. But my FS adjusted my protocol and am now 14+1 from my second round. Trust that your FS will do what will get you the best chance at a positive result. I hope that I don't sound negative, I really hope that your outcome is different, I just wish someone had prepared me. Best wishes for you, we will be here to talk to whatever the outcome 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anydreamwilldo For This Useful Post:

Mad89  (19-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anydreamwilldo View Post
    Hi @LittleMay1
    I'll start by saying everyone's experience is different and I can only comment on mine... I really hope the increase in dosage has the right effect, but please prepare yourself (as much as you can) that it might be cancelled.. it will seem like the worst outcome at the time, but it is better to cancel now and start a fresh cycle when your FS is a little more sure of how your body will react to stims. I had the same situation in my first cycle. Follicle scan was great but my levels in my bloods wasn't high enough.. I didn't find this out until my second follicle scan. So went in completely positive thinking I'd be getting my date for trigger and instead was told we would probably cancel- which we did. I was devastated. It felt like such a waste of time.. But my FS adjusted my protocol and am now 14+1 from my second round. Trust that your FS will do what will get you the best chance at a positive result. I hope that I don't sound negative, I really hope that your outcome is different, I just wish someone had prepared me. Best wishes for you, we will be here to talk to whatever the outcome 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
    Thanks so much for your advice @Anydreamwilldo
    I really value you sharing your experience and providing ample warning. I think you are right it would be disappointing but you have to listen to your body and FS!
    I'm prepared either way and am over the initial shock! I was just so naive yesterday thinking everything will go to plan. Silly me. I will brace myself and keep my fingers crossed

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleMay1 For This Useful Post:

Anydreamwilldo  (15-08-2017),sabrina1717  (15-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First round IVF/ICSI-ttc baby #1 (2)

Good luck with your cycle!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sabrina1717 For This Useful Post:

LittleMay1  (17-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow @LittleMay1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anydreamwilldo View Post
    Good luck tomorrow @LittleMay1
    Thank you for thinking of me @Anydreamwilldo
    My fingers are crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally the time has come for us to start our ivf journey...everything else has been tried and AF arrived 3 days early today!

Now to book the day 21 appointment and get started! We are both nervous and excited and I'm scared as hell!! Previously doing letrozole and puregon injections had me crazy and sore enough so I'm mentally preparing myself (and poor DP) for our journey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Mad89
    Best of luck with your IVF journey. Hopefully you will get your take home baby in the near future. I found BH forum super helpful during my cycles the support here is great. Look forward to hearing how you get on

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anydreamwilldo For This Useful Post:

Mad89  (23-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any news @mrsbmumtoB you would be due soon wouldn’t you?
    How are you going @IrishAsh?