+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF - recurrent implantation failure , tips and success stories please!

Hello everyone, I'm hoping for you ladies out there to share with me your IVF journey and especially to those who have had a BFP in the past what has been done. Feeling pretty gutted after failed FET. Not sure if there is anything I could do but hoping for some guidance. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hay @glee55 can you give everyone a background so far and we can see what we do differently

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @glee55 my case definitely comes under the title of recurrent implantation failure. I had 7 fresh cycles and around 5 fets some of which were double transfers. In that time I only had one chemical pregnancy and one blighted ovum until my bfp which I am 24 weeks with. My fs was at a loss as to what was going wrong as several of my embies had been pgd tested and we still had no success. One major issue we had though was our embies tended to take six days to reach blastocyst. I did my own reasearch and read up on the concept of my pcos making it hard for the eggs to ovulate, they therefore used up all their energy which made them slow down through the development stages and finally lise energy and stop growing. It was therfore planned that I would do a laparoscopy and ovarian drilling which made it easier for ovulation . It was on my next cycle that we had our first 5 day blastocyst which we transfered along with a morala. We had success and found both had implanted and we were expecting twins, unfortunately we lost one at 11 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just done my 23rd transfer, I'm now with my 3rd FS who tests for and treats things that most don't.
    He re ran heaps of tests plus tested DH and I for DQ Alpha gene matches, which was positive.
    This year in the lead up to this transfer I've had a course of LIT treatments to address the DQa issue. I've also had a newer procedure called SCUPE where my own stem cells were injected into my endometrial blood vessels via my femoral artery.
    I'm also on dexa, clexane, intralipids etc.

My advice is to find a FS who thinks outside the box with difficult cases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for your reply. Sorry I should have given more details @cag14. I'm 33 DH 39 , unexplained infertility. Irregular cycles but not PCOS. Ovulating most cycles as per OPK and Cervical mucous. IVF#1 8 eggs 4 made it to day 5 ( 3 grade AA and 1 BB). Fresh cycle - hatching blastocyst lining 9.2 mm -BFN, Medicated FET 1 : lining 14.3mm - BFN, recent FET2 lining 10.1 hatching blastocyst still BFN, now getting ready for next FET. FS said if BFN will do laparoscopy and I will ask for NK cells testing and Will do PGD. Tried acupuncture for FET 1&2 so I'm not doing it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside did any of your embies hatch? Usually if they do they must have enough energy to 'break' the barrier of the zona pellucida/membrane and gets itself ready to implant? I know some places do assisted hatching but I'm not sure how good it is. I'm sorry about the loss of your one twin. I hope your pregnancy with the surviving twin went smoothly. @Froyo which state are u in? Sounds like your tests are pretty complicated. I have never heard of LIT treatment or SCUPE. Have you had any BFPs with any of the transfers or PGD if any of them? My FS told me my success rate is 40% per transfer but haven seemed to have any luck and he believes that the cause is the embryo which is likely abnormal despite them being top quality grade As.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @glee55 sounds good you covered two suggestions I was going to mention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @glee55 do you drink coffee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ChristmasCheer- I'm interested in your question. Coffee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coffee? Nope I don't . @ChristmasCheer Why coffee? Anyone have any idea about aspirin/fish oil? Do they help?