Closed Thread
Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Homy I just go with the cravings, as long as I eat healthy meals some junk doesn't hurt. I mainly want savoury stuff and lots of it!!! I had McDonald's for the first time in about 12 months the other day and it was soooo good. I am still taking my preg multi vitamin and will take that right through.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Treens73 For This Useful Post:

Homy (27-07-2017),kefbub (28-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Homy I craved carbs, carbs and more carbs!!!! The thought of vegies made me sick and when I did force them down they were loaded with sauce lol! Thankfully my food aversions seem to be setting down now!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Homy (27-07-2017),kefbub (28-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies
    Which of you ladies used super care to access their super early for egg donation overseas? I'm quite nervous about applying. I think I saw a consultant named Hala mentioned somewhere on bubhub and have noticed a testimonial on the super care page saying how helpful she was. I really must start the application asap as I've arranged to be with Dr Nikos from October 20th. Any help gratefully received.
    Many thanks Missy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

jellybeen (27-07-2017),JulietRose (15-01-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missybear View Post
    Hi Ladies
    Which of you ladies used super care to access their super early for egg donation overseas? I'm quite nervous about applying. I think I saw a consultant named Hala mentioned somewhere on bubhub and have noticed a testimonial on the super care page saying how helpful she was. I really must start the application asap as I've arranged to be with Dr Nikos from October 20th. Any help gratefully received.
    Many thanks Missy
    Ooh following. I did an enquiry on the supercare page or started it but haven't completed the enquiry yet so id be interested in hearing what others have done.
    Phia i think has accessed it grom memory

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nilza79 For This Useful Post:

missybear (27-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default OUR MIRACLE -Thanks to Dr Kanakas and Embryoland

I hope I'm posting my story in the correct place...I'm bursting to finally share my story for the sole purpose of giving others hope and sending them to the doctor that can turn that hope into a reality. My story is a very long one so please bear with me....here goes...
    Just over a year ago (7 July 2016), I found out that I was pregnant again...for the 6th time. I wanted to shout with joy, but with 12 ivfs under my belt, 5 previous losses, a Down syndrome pregnancy that ended in a loss, heavy daily bleeding, low progesterone levels and being 43, it was hard to truly believe that 'this was it'. I had just come back from my first donor egg treatment with Dr Kanakas at Embryoland and although every cell in my body wanted to believe him and his conviction that he could finally make my dream of motherhood come true, my past left me doubtful and uncertain. Looking back I should have realised that HE was the difference that would MAKE A DIFFERENCE to how my story turned out.
    The bleeding continued and my progesterone, despite high hcg levels, was low (I was on 12 x 400mg pesseries as prescribed by my doctor here). Finally on 28 July 2016, we saw a baby at our first scan, heard the heartbeat and breathed a small sigh of relief. The first 3 months my bleeding continued and scared me to death but reassurance from Dr Nikos and my doctor here helped me navigate through this tough time. Dr Nikos stayed in touch weekly and always checked-in with me as every milestone through my pregnancy came and went (with positive news)....it was as if he held my hand every step of the way, coming good on his personal investment in seeing me, and all his patients, become a mum. I remember him saying to me in his office that he would not rest or give up until he got success for me.
    Months passed by and my tummy grew and I eventually began to believe this could finally be our time. We allowed ourselves to buy a few things to prepare for bubs arrival and despite an early arrival at 36 weeks, we finally held our baby, a beautiful boy, in our arms in late February this year....our first born, our miracle from God and from our angel sent by God, Dr Nikos.
    To say we were overwhelmed is to say the absolute least...I still pinch myself and can't believe I am FINALLY a mum. I'm humbled to have this privilege and I'm brought to tears of gratitude when I think of the beautiful soul of Dr Kanakas and the amazing work he does for so many women. Of course I often think of our beautiful donor and what a selfless act she did to make our dream come true and of all the staff at Embryoland who honestly treated us as family and with the utmost standard of professionalism- being discrete and respectful, yet overwhelmingly positive, understanding and warm. Even to this day I am in touch with one particular nurse I bonded extra closely with and with Dr Nikos....we and our son (still blows my mind to say 'son'!) have lifelong extended family in greece (everyone at Embryoland) who turned us into the family we craved to have.
    I'm sorry if this post is overly soppy but that's the kind of person I am....and the only way I knew to express the miracle we have been given by Embryoland and Dr Kanakas. It's easy to say, but I say it in a heartfelt way...I honestly wish I had gone to Dr Nikos earlier and saved myself the heartache of 12 failed ivfs in Australia and the multiple losses, not to mention the huge financial costs of failed treatment here.
    Finally I want to say that whilst I had initial concerns about using a donor...took me a long time to give up on my own eggs and although I was worried about how I'd 'bond' or 'adjust' to the idea, NOT FOR 1 SECOND have I thought about this since going through labour and holding our baby in my arms....so please, don't let that hold you back.
    Finally, and this time I will end, I sincerely wish you all THE BEST OF LUCK AND BLESSINGS as you go on your own journeys...please keep your faith, your head held high and TRUST IN DR NIKOS. God bless you all xxxx p.s happy to take private messages or questions if I can help further in any way

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lucky13InGreece For This Useful Post:

AngelD (31-07-2017),bindyboop (27-07-2017),Chmeille (28-07-2017),jellybeen (28-07-2017),kefbub (28-07-2017),KikiB (31-07-2017),kuwtk (30-07-2017),missybear (27-07-2017),Mrsl73 (27-07-2017),Nilza79 (28-07-2017),Notalone (31-07-2017),Phia (28-07-2017),stacey10 (28-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13InGreece View Post
    I hope I'm posting my story in the correct place...I'm bursting to finally share my story for the sole purpose of giving others hope and sending them to the doctor that can turn that hope into a reality. My story is a very long one so please bear with me....here goes...
    Just over a year ago (7 July 2016), I found out that I was pregnant again...for the 6th time. I wanted to shout with joy, but with 12 ivfs under my belt, 5 previous losses, a Down syndrome pregnancy that ended in a loss, heavy daily bleeding, low progesterone levels and being 43, it was hard to truly believe that 'this was it'. I had just come back from my first donor egg treatment with Dr Kanakas at Embryoland and although every cell in my body wanted to believe him and his conviction that he could finally make my dream of motherhood come true, my past left me doubtful and uncertain. Looking back I should have realised that HE was the difference that would MAKE A DIFFERENCE to how my story turned out.
    The bleeding continued and my progesterone, despite high hcg levels, was low (I was on 12 x 400mg pesseries as prescribed by my doctor here). Finally on 28 July 2016, we saw a baby at our first scan, heard the heartbeat and breathed a small sigh of relief. The first 3 months my bleeding continued and scared me to death but reassurance from Dr Nikos and my doctor here helped me navigate through this tough time. Dr Nikos stayed in touch weekly and always checked-in with me as every milestone through my pregnancy came and went (with positive news)....it was as if he held my hand every step of the way, coming good on his personal investment in seeing me, and all his patients, become a mum. I remember him saying to me in his office that he would not rest or give up until he got success for me.
    Months passed by and my tummy grew and I eventually began to believe this could finally be our time. We allowed ourselves to buy a few things to prepare for bubs arrival and despite an early arrival at 36 weeks, we finally held our baby, a beautiful boy, in our arms in late February this year....our first born, our miracle from God and from our angel sent by God, Dr Nikos.
    To say we were overwhelmed is to say the absolute least...I still pinch myself and can't believe I am FINALLY a mum. I'm humbled to have this privilege and I'm brought to tears of gratitude when I think of the beautiful soul of Dr Kanakas and the amazing work he does for so many women. Of course I often think of our beautiful donor and what a selfless act she did to make our dream come true and of all the staff at Embryoland who honestly treated us as family and with the utmost standard of professionalism- being discrete and respectful, yet overwhelmingly positive, understanding and warm. Even to this day I am in touch with one particular nurse I bonded extra closely with and with Dr Nikos....we and our son (still blows my mind to say 'son'!) have lifelong extended family in greece (everyone at Embryoland) who turned us into the family we craved to have.
    I'm sorry if this post is overly soppy but that's the kind of person I am....and the only way I knew to express the miracle we have been given by Embryoland and Dr Kanakas. It's easy to say, but I say it in a heartfelt way...I honestly wish I had gone to Dr Nikos earlier and saved myself the heartache of 12 failed ivfs in Australia and the multiple losses, not to mention the huge financial costs of failed treatment here.
    Finally I want to say that whilst I had initial concerns about using a donor...took me a long time to give up on my own eggs and although I was worried about how I'd 'bond' or 'adjust' to the idea, NOT FOR 1 SECOND have I thought about this since going through labour and holding our baby in my arms....so please, don't let that hold you back.
    Finally, and this time I will end, I sincerely wish you all THE BEST OF LUCK AND BLESSINGS as you go on your own journeys...please keep your faith, your head held high and TRUST IN DR NIKOS. God bless you all xxxx p.s happy to take private messages or questions if I can help further in any way
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us. There are so many stories on this thread about the amazing Dr Nikos, I'm so grateful for finding this thread and listening to the inspirational stories of the gorgeous ladies on here.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

bindyboop (27-07-2017),kefbub (28-07-2017),Notalone (31-07-2017),Phia (28-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i couldn't agree more...stories of success kept me going through tough times

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky13InGreece For This Useful Post:

Phia (28-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Lucky13InGreece thank you for sharing your story. It gives me hope - as I've come back from a failed cycle.
    I certainly feel very cared for by Dr Kanakas and his team. I wish I had known earlier!
    @missybear @Nilza79 yes, I used supercare for my last ivf last and Hala helped me. It is a admin heavy process but honestly, I couldn't have done it without supercare! They hold your hand every step of the way. Just pay the $ and get on with it because there are a few hoops to jump through - the sooner you get on to it...The better!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

bindyboop (28-07-2017),missybear (28-07-2017),Notalone (11-08-2017),stacey10 (28-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A week since transfer today and took a hpt. Zilch. Too early? I would have thought with Day 5 blastos that even just a squinter line by now. Not feeling hopeful .....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Nilza79 (28-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Juventina - hang in there hon ((( hugs)))) I know how much this means to you, given the wait Fingers crossed they are late implanters.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

bindyboop (28-07-2017),Juventina (28-07-2017),Nilza79 (28-07-2017)