+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Private OB at Box Hill Hospital?

Hi all,
    I am currently drowning in information about private vs public options and have been told to do my research because good obstetrians book out so quickly!
    I live close to Box Hill Hospital and have witnessed many friends have great birthing experiences there so I would love to book in. They've all been public patients.
    However I have PHI and want to go privately but still at Box Hill.
    My first question is - is this possible? I've been trying to find information/names of OB's working at Box Hill online but have had no luck.
    Secondly, if you have a recommendation for a private OB who will deliver at Box Hill please pass on names/info about them.
    Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard great things about box hill, a lot of my friends have birthed there. Possibly give them a call and see if they can share an OB list. I'm sure you can do what you are asking.

I am not sure but you may just be limited with the OBs you can select, this may not be an issue but you likely won't have lots of options.

I birthed at Mitcham Private, I can't speak highly enough of the team there should you be considering a private hospital at any point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Belindalee View Post
    Hi all,
    I am currently drowning in information about private vs public options and have been told to do my research because good obstetrians book out so quickly!
    I live close to Box Hill Hospital and have witnessed many friends have great birthing experiences there so I would love to book in. They've all been public patients.
    However I have PHI and want to go privately but still at Box Hill.
    My first question is - is this possible? I've been trying to find information/names of OB's working at Box Hill online but have had no luck.
    Secondly, if you have a recommendation for a private OB who will deliver at Box Hill please pass on names/info about them.
    Thanks so much!
    Hi BelindaLee. I am currently where you were at a few months ago! My gp gave me a list of names and said to get some costs and to make a decision. My first, so I am totally overwhelmed by everything. Spoke to private health insurance and they were helpful, I just wish all of the costs were online!
    Any advice? Who are you seeing? I hope your pregnancy is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lauzie View Post
    I've heard great things about box hill, a lot of my friends have birthed there. Possibly give them a call and see if they can share an OB list. I'm sure you can do what you are asking.

I am not sure but you may just be limited with the OBs you can select, this may not be an issue but you likely won't have lots of options.

I birthed at Mitcham Private, I can't speak highly enough of the team there should you be considering a private hospital at any point.
    Hi Lauzie! Who was your OB? Any advice for a first timer!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by natalie88 View Post
    Hi BelindaLee. I am currently where you were at a few months ago! My gp gave me a list of names and said to get some costs and to make a decision. My first, so I am totally overwhelmed by everything. Spoke to private health insurance and they were helpful, I just wish all of the costs were online!
    Any advice? Who are you seeing? I hope your pregnancy is going well
    Hi Natalie, sorry for not replying sooner! I'm still trying to TTC but when we began I wanted all the info due to over-excitement! So I can't answer all of your questions but did find out Dr Jason Chew works out of Box Hill and Mitcham Private. It would definitely be worth calling his clinic and asking all your questions. Hope this helps! H&H 9 mths to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by natalie88 View Post
    Hi Lauzie! Who was your OB? Any advice for a first timer!?
    I used Nia Eshani, she has an office in forest hill and also at mitcham, right next to the hospital.
    I did a bit of a Google, read reviews on here and asked a few friends who had birthed at mitcham as I knew I wanted to go there.

For me, from the moment I called her rooms it just felt right. Her staff were so lovely, first impressions last I say!

Let me know if you have any other questions