+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    who are all these co sleeping kids!? ds decided it was party time last night around 11 and i brought him into my bed in the hopes he'd sleep. nope. just woke him up even more, he's chatting, pressing my face with his fingers, bopping his head around etc. i gave up and put him back in the cot and let him grizzle to sleep. i figured one of us may as well at least get some sleep

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (18-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Breaking sleep dependency - aged 4+

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    who are all these co sleeping kids!? ds decided it was party time last night around 11 and i brought him into my bed in the hopes he'd sleep. nope. just woke him up even more, he's chatting, pressing my face with his fingers, bopping his head around etc. i gave up and put him back in the cot and let him grizzle to sleep. i figured one of us may as well at least get some sleep
    Yep
    Every time we've tried DD1 in our bed due to illness, not sleeping etc it was like party time to her. I remember one night when she was still under 12 mths she started clapping her hands and laughing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (18-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS only started co- sleeping as a 3yr old. Before that there was no way he would have slept in our bed - he much preferred his own room but he started getting asthma and needing meds overnight so if he was sick it was was easier/and we felt better if he was with us.....but now we can't eject him

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (18-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i really want ds in our bed, he's so snuggly and sweet, but it just doesn't work. not right now. i think we've slept together a handful of times max. i'm glad there's still hope it can happen though!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (18-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha! DD is exactly like this. She has NEVER slept in our bed, is just a total pain, much prefers her own bed. If she's sick I sleep on the trundle bed in her room.
    DS in the other hand is a totally different story - he is happiest when glued to me all night and mostly I love it but I stress about him overheating or getting under the covers.
    Just different temperaments I guess. I've done pretty much the same with them from day 1.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (18-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a sleep sympathizer, if that's a thing? What I mean is, I can totally sympathize with the little ones not wanting to sleep on their own. We've been through it all with DD1 & only once have we been tough on her when she was about 3 for only a few days. DD2 drives me batty with her terrible sleep habits but I won't do anything about it - I just keep hoping she'll get better in time.

DD1 is nearly 4 & its stories, snuggle & she's straight to sleep these days. A few things that have worked for us at different times: we have never let her get out of bed, we always go to her if she calls out (there is a limit to this though). Leaving the door open a little so she can hear our activity. Letting her read her books & turn her light out when she's ready. Telling her we have to go because we have to tidy & clean up. We've also done the 'I'm just popping to the loo' and taken longer & longer over time to build confidence in her being alone. Warm wheat bag to snuggle.
    She still wakes in the night 80% of the time & one of us will go sleep in her bed.

We co-sleep with DD2.

They will eventually share a room so hoping the company will help them both get through the night happily.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (18-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I've recently gone through this with my 4yr old DS. First I started out laying with him but giving it a time limit - started at 15 mins. Then after a week reduced it to 10 mins, then 5 mins and now he's going to sleep on his own but with his door open. I was just firm and told him he had no choice. He whinged a bit but took it pretty easily after the first couple of nights

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (21-07-2017)