+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I reckon the supps days are numbered for all of us.

This year I'm just paying back debt! Boring.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure if we'll get supps and we may have been overpaid ftb slightly but ccb/ccr should balance that out. Any balance left over will probably go into savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post

Yep, it's happening slowly like most things... work as well, less hours less money, less everything.

That's why we have been savings whatever we can and spending smarter, wiser so we can save and it has been great, buying things we actually Do need and when we Need, not cause we just want, want want.

I mean honestly it does suck at times nt just buying something because you want it lol... but overall its a smart move not buying things just cause.... less clutter, less waste more money for better things !

But yes for us, whatever we get will be in savings, minus a few minor spendings in required items.

I'd rather live a little then just exist, and i mean not just buy random stuff then have no money and do it again and same circles. Least if we want to just relax and go away for a few days we can with ease and it just recharges you as a family so much more then toys or useless crap bought in my opinion anyway.

year after don't think we will have supps, if gov keeps going it won't be long before families have $0 money left and the economy nose dive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sadly we are a family of 6 and apparently high income areas and will miss out this year 😞 We struggle week to week like everyone else, but $90,000 cuts us out (hubby works up to 7 days a week to earn this), with 4 kids it isn't a lot. Normally I would pay off the debt we had incurred on Credit Cards, ready for the next year.

The hard thing is by the time he paid HECS and extra tax, we have only come up an extra couple of thousand dollars ahead over the year.

Oh well, what do you do, I keep telling myself "just keep swimming"

I think the hardest thing about them taking it away was that they did it part way through the financial year, I wish they had made it as of July 2017, then we could have planned better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fourangels For This Useful Post:

Bexta (19-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I pay extra tax out of my wage so I have more at tax time. So that and the FTB I have a list of things I am getting.

Paying for our September holiday.
    New beds for the kids and I.
    Birthday presents for the kids.
    Fold out sofa for the play room (just a cheap one).

In my fantasy world, I will also have enough for an iPad for me, a wireless printer, a flash Fitbit and a weekend away in Brisbane, just me and room service.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

IrishDanceMum (05-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post

There was talk about dropping the sups but increasing FTB A by $20 per child per fortnight. I don't think it has actually come to fruition.

The sad thing is that the sups were introduced as a safety net against overpayments - ie they weren't really bonuses so much as withholding some FTB to deduct overpayments from instead of generating a debt. In the old days (i'm talking late 90s here pre GST and pre John Howard's FTB reforms designed to compensate families against the GST), Centrelink wouldn't raise a debt of overpayments if actual income was up to 10% more than estimated income. By removing the safety nets any underestimates will result in a debt. The people who would struggle to repay a FTB debt are the ones who can least afford it.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

BornToBe (05-06-2017),Little Miss Sunshine (04-06-2017),our4boys (04-06-2017),Mummamania (08-07-2019),Taffabella (13-07-2017),wobbleyhorse (04-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fourangels View Post
    Sadly we are a family of 6 and apparently high income areas and will miss out this year We struggle week to week like everyone else, but $90,000 cuts us out (hubby works up to 7 days a week to earn this), with 4 kids it isn't a lot. Normally I would pay off the debt we had incurred on Credit Cards, ready for the next year.

The hard thing is by the time he paid HECS and extra tax, we have only come up an extra couple of thousand dollars ahead over the year.

Oh well, what do you do, I keep telling myself "just keep swimming"

I think the hardest thing about them taking it away was that they did it part way through the financial year, I wish they had made it as of July 2017, then we could have planned better.
    Do you not get any ftb on a 90k a year income? Just curious as I also have 4 kids and wondering where the actual ftb cut off is I know it's different for different size families

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would still get a fortnightly amount on $90,000, but if you earn over $80,000, you no longer receive the supplements at the end of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately they the gov do not care to plan a head or to think of people who would be better off having more pre-warning.

Can you work part time, casual ? It can help ?

The cut off is just not high enough, not with todays cost of EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Attachment 90631

This is what I was looking at, I guess this doesn't mention ftb part b though so maybe under 100k with that? I'm not exactly sure, I find this ftb business very confusing tbh
    Sorry I meant 17/18 year. We where told nearly 2 weeks ago it's 100k. Probably scare given a load of crap as information as per usual