+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Holidays while TTC

Do any of you plan overseas trips when you know you will be TTC? I don't want to put my life on hold, as no idea how long it could take to fall pregnant. But at the same time don't want to put on hold TTC until after a holiday as with a low AMH I am a little anxious about time in general.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Initially we did. Then we just got on with life. We've done 2 Europe trips while TTC and just went to California for 3 weeks, I was 17 weeks pregnant when we went and it was fine.

We just accepted that our journey may take time (ivf) and that sometimes what we did on holiday may change. We did multiple domestic trips ranging from a few days to a couple weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Pinklise (02-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When we were ttc DD, we tried for 8 months with no luck. She was conceived month 9, when we were on holidays, relaxed, and just enjoying ourselves. I wouldn't put it on hold for a holiday

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Pinklise (02-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't put a holiday on hold. I know a few that were told they had this or that issue, went on holiday and relaxed and came back UTD! I totally understand the feeling of time running out though, but just think of it as another strategy. We fell this cycle in a month we were not really expecting to and maybe in hindsight a bit more relaxed. I know people tell you that and you think, wow, easier said than done right? But it turned out to be true for us and I thought I'd share that with you. Go on holiday and have a ball!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to InterestedWoman For This Useful Post:

Pinklise (02-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might find you conceive while ON holidays... because you are more relaxed, having fun and not thinking constantly about trying to get pregnant. Then what a cool story you'd have if you get pregnant... you could tell the little one they were conceived in.. {wherever you were at the time}

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

kylie764 (02-06-2017),Pinklise (02-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks guys.....

What happens if you end up pregnant before you go, maybe only a few weeks along? Ah! So many different scenarios!

I'm taking possibly SE Asia too. Which I have travelled to previously with no problems but I do realize a lot of people wouldn't want to take the risk I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklise View Post
    Ok thanks guys.....

What happens if you end up pregnant before you go, maybe only a few weeks along? Ah! So many different scenarios!

I'm taking possibly SE Asia too. Which I have travelled to previously with no problems but I do realize a lot of people wouldn't want to take the risk I guess.
    With se Asia I guess maybe talk to your dr before you go and ask them what the dangers are, if any. I still say go!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to InterestedWoman For This Useful Post:

Pinklise (02-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would depend where you were going. In Australia or to countries where Zika virus is not present I would go, but since Zika virus can be found in a mans semen for up to 6 months after infection, I would not be planning any trips to countries with Zika virus present as there are devastating effects to babies (small head and brains) to babies in utero when their mothers have caught Zika virus from the mosquito or via sexual intercourse from their infected partner. Check the WHO recommendations for countries that have Zika virus and their recommendations in regards to TtC and travelling to those destination. South East Asia definately have Zika virus. I am 30 weeks pregnant and in previous pregnancies have travelled all over but this time have not been to Asia at all due to the risk of Zika and devasting effects to unborn children. I know is is hard putting your life on hold, but suggest you alter you destination in the time being if TTC. Maybe Spend time visiting our own country and yes being more relaxed, you could get lucky as others have said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    It would depend where you were going. In Australia or to countries where Zika virus is not present I would go, but since Zika virus can be found in a mans semen for up to 6 months after infection, I would not be planning any trips to countries with Zika virus present as there are devastating effects to babies (small head and brains) to babies in utero when their mothers have caught Zika virus from the mosquito or via sexual intercourse from their infected partner. Check the WHO recommendations for countries that have Zika virus and their recommendations in regards to TtC and travelling to those destination. South East Asia definately have Zika virus. I am 30 weeks pregnant and in previous pregnancies have travelled all over but this time have not been to Asia at all due to the risk of Zika and devasting effects to unborn children. I know is is hard putting your life on hold, but suggest you alter you destination in the time being if TTC. Maybe Spend time visiting our own country and yes being more relaxed, you could get lucky as others have said.
    Thanks for this.

Yes Zika has been in my thoughts, when looking into it though it seems like it's in a lot more countries than you would think.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i think ttc is ok when overseas but i personally wouldn't be traveling whilst pregnant.

you're quite right in that you can't put life on hold to ttc as you've no idea how long it'll take.