Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ FET July/August 2017

Hi,

I've seen the post for May/June and said I would start a new one for the next few months.

I'm a newbie to the IVF/ICSI process and had my appointment to sign all consent forms today. Also had my appointment with the nurse who went through the process step by step- wow there are a lot of injections!! If all goes according to plan, they should be collecting the eggs on 10 July.

Pretty scared and daunted by the whole process. Hopefully I don't turn into too much of a psycho when I have all those hormones racing around.

Does anyone have any tips for the whole process?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @georgieh
    I have done a few rounds of IVF and have just started the process with a new clinic. It does seem like a lot at first but just take it one day at a time and you will be fine. And you can always ring the clinic if you get stuck!

I always had DH do the injections for me as I could just close my eyes! Some are pretty much painless and some can be a bit stingy - but nothing compared to an epidural!! :-)

Don't be scared. Everyone I have come across in this profession are extremely kind, caring, compassionate and professional. They get what we are going through is tough and offer great support.

I am at the very start of my process doing a trial with Primary IVF as a low cost option. At this point we should start needles around 11 July and EPU should be 12ish days after that. For now we are just redoing all our tests etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

georgieh  (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys I have to start IVF, I have my nurse appointment on the 3rd of July and my doctor will give me my treatment plan then.
    @georgieh I had a question, if you don't mind me asking. How good are you at tracking your cycles!? I haven't been to be honest since I found out I had to have IVF AND now I am worried that I might not be prepared. Do they start the cycle on the first day of your period!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shellzand I'm in Darwin and they only do EPU on certain dates so I've been on the pill for the past few weeks to get my cycle in line with their dates. I reckon if you had some bit of an idea when it was due there wouldn't be any issues, they have to have things in place for people who have irregular cycles and don't know when the date is. I start giving myself injections on day 2 of the cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok cool thank you so much @georgieh you have been very helpful! How long do you take the medication for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm scheduled for egg pick up on the 10th July and I'll be taking injections every day until 8th July. I'm a bit scared on injections and most days I have 2, argh! There are blood tests every few days also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodness me! That's allot of needles, I hate needles! I hope it goes well for you! It's so daunting and I am so so nervous!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

tearose  (20-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling about tomorrow @georgieh ! Is your egg pick up still going ahead!? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzand View Post
    How are you feeling about tomorrow @georgieh ! Is your egg pick up still going ahead!? Xx
    @shellzand Pick up is 10th July :-) I reckon if you ask me on the 9th July, I will tell you that I'm sh*tting it (pardon the French) Haven't even started on injections yet, haha :-)
    Last edited by georgieh; 09-06-2017 at 14:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shoot sorry Hun! That is exciting though! I'm so nervous about all this.. did you ever feel like you will never have kids!? Like it's not possible .. I'm going through that at the moment .. IVF is so daunting. Have you got much planned for the weekend !?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

JessicaS  (12-06-2017)