+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmashie View Post
    Why on earth do people have so many prams? I think it's funny when people spend a fortune on prams. Wait until your baby has a biscuit or you need to feed them in it . Takes the shine off those bugaboo's
    Oh dear. I've had 5 prams / strollers and 4 kids.

Pram 1 - used for three children and given away to a womens shelter when I didn't think I would use it again. Plus I hated it. Absolutely hated it. It was too big, impossible to steer and so heavy. I regretted buying it the first time I took my oldest child out in it. It was a terrible pram and I wish I had of sold it straight away. I had it for about 7 years.

Stroller 1 - used when we lived overseas and I needed something lightweight to take on planes. Used until it fell apart. Lasted about one year but it got a lot of use.

Stroller 2 - cheap $25 Target thing purchased when we were on holidays, I couldn't fit the pram in the car and was pregnant and couldn't carry my toddler everywhere. Used until it fell apart. Did not last long.

Double pram - bought when I had two children under 2. Used until it fell apart.

Pram # 5 - bought second hand when the double pram fell apart and my fourth child was too little to walk everywhere. Given away to an op shop when I had finished with it.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 29-05-2017 at 09:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm at around 4 prams and 2 strollers in 5.5 years with two kids.

We got the strider plus when pregnant with capsule, loved it for the first 18 months then wanted something smaller as we weren't using as much. Kept for number 2, added a second seat and now she's over 2 I use if we walk to school. 5 year old can still fit in the bottom it's just really heavy and no basket. A friend also used for her child and she had a hip brace so bought a bassinet attachment and passed on to me as thanks for loaning her the pram.

Three wheeler bought off recycle page for $10, was crap and is still waiting to head to the tip.

Better three wheeler again from recycle pages, used for walking and for a while in my car with one child.

Stroller 1 a basic umbrella my parents bought when I went on holidays with them. Didn't lie back and was horrible to steer so I suggested they keep it at their house.

Stroller 2 lie back umbrella stroller I got from target for when we were going on holidays and worried about space. Nightmare to steer, currently using in car as only time we use pram is from car to school pick up and it's easier than carrying the 2.5 year old.

Pram 4 was a side by side double pram I bought second hand for $50. We used it for a holiday that involved flying and I didn't want to take my good strider plus. Girls were 1 and 3.5 so I knew long days would need a double. I sold it two weeks after we got home for the same amount.

We are currently pregnant with number 3, most of these prams were from before number 2 was born so I can't see me buying anything new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    soooooo many.

I buy and sell though, I don't hoard, but I have been through so many. I've had 4 kids close together and just when I think I've found the perfect pram my (and their) needs change and I sell it and get something different.

Right now I have a mountain buggy nano and a phil and teds sport double (I also have a single maclaren and a double maclaren both which I need to sell as I'm not using them). I'm thinking of selling the phil and teds sport and getting a Baby jogger City Mini GT with a scooter attachment as we rarely use the 2nd seat now, but my 4 year old still gets tired so the scooter would work well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDE View Post
    Oh it was horrible, it was my first time out with the baby on my own and the baby was screaming for a feed pram wouldn't fit in the breastfeeding cubicle so left it. A lady came in after me used the toilet and put her toddler in my pram and walked out.! Apparently it's common women with newborn baby's are targets for theft as they are usually so distracted.
    You poor thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default how many prams have you owned

1 x pram (Mountain Buggy). Both kids used it.

1 x stroller. Only DD used. DS never had a stroller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default how many prams have you owned

3 prams & 1 stroller

Peg perego which was awesome but didn't suit when we had Bub no 2

City select with 2 seats which was the perfect pram for us for ages, ds1 was a runner and ds2 was a baby

City mini gt after ds3 was about 6 months old, ds2 didn't want to sit anymore and so the city select didn't get used much after that

Also had a MacLaren stroller which was awesome but the city mini was even better.

Still use the city mini now and ds3 is 3.5yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I bought a bugaboo as I know so many people who did buy 4 plus cheaper prams and ended spending nearly as much as a bugaboo anyway - Mines now done 4 kids so well worth the money - I used mine as a highchair when we were out so trust me it was full of food -luckily we have a washing machine so no shine off mine
    See I get that, using one most expensive pram for 4 kids. It's the multiple prams that I don't get. And getting a whole new pram for the next kid.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If my memory is correct, I had only 2 prams for four kids, and I didn't buy either one. I have since bought a pram with the removable baby capsule, for my grandchildren. This pram has been used by three children and it is about to be used for the next grandchild due in december. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it really matters if you get why someone buys more than one pram.

I don't get why people spend a fortune on makeup, or cars, or clothes, or shoes. Makes no sense to me, but that's just me, and I don't question why other people want to spend money on these things.

I have had many many prams. I buy one and then I realise another one would be more suitable, and then I have another child and need a double, or need something smaller, or need one that's suitable for exercising with one, or with 2, or need one that fits in my car when I have all 6 of us in there etc etc. My entire life revolves around my kids and that's the way I like it! I like to have the pram or stroller that fits my life best at that time to make life most comfortable for all of us when we're out, because we are ALWAYS out. Thats what we do. It doesn't really matter if someone else gets it or not.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (29-05-2017),gingermillie  (29-05-2017),HillDweller  (30-05-2017),LagoonK  (29-05-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (29-05-2017),smallpotatoes  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gosh I didn't even realise having lots of prams was a thing, but I can get it if you have one and it doesn't suit what you want. You don't really know that till you use them.

Just 1 here. Icandy peach blossom, it's a bit scratched up but still perfect to use, 2 kids, 4 years, love it. If I had more I'd def be using it, no need for another pram.