+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    7!!! For 3 children

1st was an older style pram before i knew anything about prams. The steering & fold was atrocious

2nd a layback umbrella type to try and make up for first horrid purchase.

3rd a second hand buggaboo camo

4th another layback umbrella stroller as my dad didnt know how to fold the first one and bent the frame

5th another layback umbrella stroller - this time to replace it because DH ran over it in the garage

6th a steelcraft strider compact double to cart around Dd2 & newborn DS

7th and by far my favourite overall, if only id found it first! A baby jogger city mini

My youngest is now 4 and for the first time in a decade we are a pram free household.

Disclaimer - apart from the layback stroller accidents all other prams were a buy one sell the old one deal

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    7!!! For 3 children

1st was an older style pram before i knew anything about prams. The steering & fold was atrocious

2nd a layback umbrella type to try and make up for first horrid purchase.

3rd a second hand buggaboo camo

4th another layback umbrella stroller as my dad didnt know how to fold the first one and bent the frame

5th another layback umbrella stroller - this time to replace it because DH ran over it in the garage

6th a steelcraft strider compact double to cart around Dd2 & newborn DS

7th and by far my favourite overall, if only id found it first! A baby jogger city mini

My youngest is now 4 and for the first time in a decade we are a pram free household.

Disclaimer - apart from the layback stroller accidents all other prams were a buy one sell the old one deal
    Haha we lost 1 pram and 1 stroller from dp driving into them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    3 prams, 2 strollers - for 2 kids. Also 8 baby carriers.

1st pram - Steelcraft Agile we bought second hand. It broke & stopped folding when DD was about 2.

1st stroller - second hand umbrella stroller I bought for $3. Used it for about 6 months

2nd stroller - Can't remember what it's called, but still have it. Haven't used it in a while.

2nd pram - can't remember what, bought it on Gumtree before DS was born - decided it was way too big and sold it

3rd pram - Icandy Peach - bought secondhand before DS was born. Still use it at least 2-3 times a week (he'll be 2 on Saturday).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4 prams/strollers over 2 children (possibly 3).
    Bought a childcare XLR when pregnant with DD1. Hated it, and it was in perfect condition when I sold it last year.
    Used a Steelcraft Express umbrella stroller instead, after we bought that to take on holiday with us when DD1 was 6mo (still have it for little walks to the park when DD1 rides her bike).
    Bought a Gen1 Bugaboo Cameleon as a 'project' pram, did it up a bit and used it for DD2 quite a bit until I realised I really needed a double pram and sold it.
    Bought a Mountain Buggy duet and love it. When we have bub #3 I'm going to get the cocoon attachment for the newborn, and DD1 prefers to walk these days so hopefully I won't need a skateboard attachment or anything, because they look like they'd be a pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Too many

MB Urban Jungle
    MB Swift
    Baby Jogger Versa
    Baby Jogger City Mini GT
    Baby Jogger Zip
    Baby Jogger Elite
    Bugaboo Donkey

I currently still have the donkey, Elite and the Mini GT.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default one good quality pram

I have been good and only had 1 pram for first 4 years. GT Mini 30kg caoacity.

I bought a cheap bigw for hubbys car as handy when baby falls asleep and use it to put groceries in.

Thats all you really need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Why so many of the same kind? Did they break? I am looking for a second hand city select atm for second bub, but a bit worried if they don't last!

For me, two prams, currently one kid. First one just wasn't what i needed - too heavy! Sold it, and been happy with a city mini GT, but shopping for third pram now for when second bub comes ☺
    No they last, they are such a great pram. They'd release a new colour and I'd want that one instead or have another baby so change again. I also got some for really cheap on amazon and eBay so I'd buy them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two for DD over 2 years (I stopped using a pram at 2). First was a Steelcraft Strider Plus which I absolutely hated. So big and bulky, I had to completely pull it apart to fit in my car, and even then it took up the whole boot. There were certain shops / cafes I just couldn't go into with it. DD was a tall baby so she outgrew it rather quickly - well, not outgrew it, but started looking uncomfortable in there, there was no real comfy spot for her feet.

I also found the sunshade pretty useless.

My mum had bought a cheapie from Target to use when she looked after her, but never really ended up using it so I switched to that one when DD was about 18 months I reckon. Sooo much easier.

Having said all this, the Strider Plus was a good baby pram. The interchangeable capsule, being able to switch from forward to rear facing, and being able to lay bub almost flat. I'm sure there are other, less bulky prams on the market that do the same thing though! I'm not planning any more kids but I definitely wouldn't buy another one if I was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    3 for one child.

The first was a hand-me-down from my bestie (it was really heavy and sturdy), then a stroller which looked cool but wasn't that great to use, then we bought a city mini which we loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why on earth do people have so many prams? I think it's funny when people spend a fortune on prams. Wait until your baby has a biscuit or you need to feed them in it . Takes the shine off those bugaboo's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast