+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Holidays during IVF

Hi!

I need to plan a holiday to have something to look forward to as we seem to have set back after set back with IVF and decided if our transfers between now and the end of the year are not successful we will take a holiday before starting a new round.

We have family in most domestic holiday spots (Tasmania, Sydney, Melbourne, Far North Queensland) so trying to think of somewhere else where no one will be upset we haven't visited and somewhere that is safe for starting IVF upon our return (no Zika)

I'd love a relaxing holiday with some activities, beach, sunshine... Obviously the more cost effective the better because this IVF business is expensive!

Any suggestions? Have you been anywhere recently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    New Zealand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea! We put our lives on hold for IVF for they first 18months decided to still 'live' was the best thing ever!

Our most recent trip was to Tasmania (didn't visit family that live there) and I'm sure you know the merits of tassie. I would still go and just get straight into my holiday. Stay at The Pump House Hotel at Lake St Claire. You can't take kids there so it would be perfect.

What about Adelaide? We spent a week in the wine regions then some time at the beach and city. It was nice.

We've had some nice stays in northern nsw- nice country towns to explore, lovey beaches and some great restaurants. Lovely accomodation options Halcyon House or Elements of Byron. Just be mindful that some areas there have very poor vax rates so higher rates of things like whooping cough.

Nz would be another nice option, I've never been so can't offer any help.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Holidays during IVF

Yes do it! We had lots of holidays during IVF because I needed something to look forward to!
    Broome - can get expensive, but you can get good deals in shoulder season.
    Uluru/Alice springs - we really loved the NT, flew to Alice (used points) and drove to Uluru. The resorts have pools for relaxing and there are done amazing walks you can do around the rock. Hire a car you can take on dirt roads and return to Alice via Kings Canyon.
    Port Douglas - or would that be too close to avoid family? Great deals online.
    New Zealand
    ETA: pp mentioned Adelaide, you can drive easily to Victor Harbour from there for some beach time, it's beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same thing but I went to Bali needed a month break and went for 4 nights. Stayed in a private villa and pretty much did nothing but swim and relax. Said for that month break we were not allowed to mention the word IVF, came back feeling refreshed and I'm now 22 weeks pregnant and the Bali break was in November so I say do it. Not sure where you live but I'm in perth and perth in summer is beautiful. Lovely beaches and down the dunsborough/Margaret river region some amazing wineries and also beaches. Very relaxing get away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all. We have a TAS trip planned to see the in laws depending on where we are with transfers ect so leaning towards NT or maybe New Zealand I think.