+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who has a kindle?

So at officeworks the basic one is $109 and the paper white is $174. Is the extra $65 worth it for the light?

And I also need to decide on white or black... I am so indecisive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a paperwhite last year and I love it. I think paying the extra is worth it for the light. I got a white one myself and bought a case on eBay for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

Eljay300  (26-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    I've signed up for the free trial month for unlimited and every book I was after isn't included in the unlimited plan! Did you find this a good plan?
    I found one book on Kindle Unlimited that I wanted to read. After searching and searching and browsing and browsing, I could not find one other title that remotely interested me. The name 'unlimited' actually ****ed me off so thoroughly that I made a complaint to the ACCC that its name and description is false and misleading.

Otherwise I love my Kindle and I've been reading waaaay more (books) since I've had it. But it's an old model, so I'm not sure what model to suggest.

My DH still prints out journal articles to read, though, because a) they're hard to view on the kindle; and b) because they're pdfs, you can't make use of the search or highlighting functions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a kobo. I swore I would never like it as much as real books. 6 years on and I tried to read an actual novel and found it so cumbersome to try and hold, turn pages etc. AND it had no back light! I had to try to find a small book light so I could read at night 🤣

I borrow eBooks from my local library. It is all done from the comfort of my home and the book automatically 'returns' after 21 days so I don't get caught with overdue books.

Definitely get a backlight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my kindle. I got the paper white specifically because it has a backlight. I love actual books but we just don't have any space to put them so a kindle solves that problem. I also find that many of the books I want are cheaper on the kindle than buying a hard copy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a kindle paperwhite and love it. The light is soool worth it. I can read anywhere and don't need a bed light on when I'm reading of a night.
    I thought I'd hate a kindle as I liked real books...took me about 3 seconds to change my mind on that one.
    The unlimited is absolute rubbish. I have had some good finds on daily and monthly deals, but I have zero interest in the unlimited. Mostly just unedited poorly written rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Who has a kindle?

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I have a kindle paperwhite and love it. The light is soool worth it. I can read anywhere and don't need a bed light on when I'm reading of a night.
    I thought I'd hate a kindle as I liked real books...took me about 3 seconds to change my mind on that one.
    The unlimited is absolute rubbish. I have had some good finds on daily and monthly deals, but I have zero interest in the unlimited. Mostly just unedited poorly written rubbish.
    Kindred spirits yet again. I fought getting one for ages because I loved real books so much, but the paperwhite quickly changed my mind! I always read before I go to sleep and not having to worry about a bedside light or something finicky clipped to my book is so, so worth it. I just snap it shut and roll over and fall asleep, gold since I struggle with insomnia.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 25-05-2017 at 20:08.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (26-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are a bookworm who loves to read then kindle is the best option when it comes to performance. I have the paper white version and love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Kindred spirits yet again. I fought getting one for ages because I loved real books so much, but the paperwhite quickly changed my mind! I always read before I go to sleep and not having to worry about a bedside light or something finicky clipped to my book is so, so worth it. I just snap it shut and roll over and fall asleep, gold since I struggle with insomnia.
    I love not having to 'wake myself up' again by leaning over to turn off the bedside lamp. Just let go of the kindle and sleep. So good 😂

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (26-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I love not having to 'wake myself up' again by leaning over to turn off the bedside lamp. Just let go of the kindle and sleep. So good
    I know! You wouldn't think it matters but it totally does! Why anyone would get a kindle that isn't paperwhite I have no idea!