+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Car advice - SUVs

With baby number 3 on the way, just thinking about upgrading our car. Currently we have a Hyundai i30 which hardly fits anyone! We want to upgrade to a 7 seat small to medium SUV. Thinking of a Toyota Kluger or a Mazda CXsomething! Something that's not to pricey on the fuel and easy to drive but can fit 3 cars seats comfortably. My dream is one of the volvo's but I'm sure they are out of our price range!!
    Any tips, likes and dislikes about your current SUV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I don't have any advice but we are in the same predicament, currently have a RAV4 which I love but there's no way I will get a third car seat in with our current seats anyway. I'm tossing up if a 7 seater is worth it as with three car sets it will be near impossible to access the back row anyway. Hubby suggested a people mover, I don't mind the look of the Kia carnival and when I'm a little further along I might approach a mum of three at school drop off who has one but I noticed yesterday it looks like she is still only using the middle row so I dunno.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We're in the same situation. I currently have a Mazda3 so we definitely need to upgrade. I figured a 7 seater would be good because with 3 children there are no spare seats in a 5 seater car, and you never know when a spare seat might come in handy.

At the moment I guess the choice is between Mazda CX-9, Toyota Kluger, Hyundai Santa Fe and Kia Sorrento. I'm leaning towards the Santa Fe but I think DH would prefer the Kluger or CX9.

Does anyone have any of those cars and be willing to provide some feedback?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Kluger is huuuuge. We only have 2 children but the back seat would comfortably fit 3 car seats. Heaps of room in the back for rear facing car seats, means the passenger doesn't have to be squished right forward - although we did need to buy a tether extender for the RF car seat.
    We don't use the 2 seats in the very back as DH got a luggage cage put in so all his work junk won't fly around if there is an accident.
    The luggage area in the back is massive, but I can't comment on what storage is like with the rear seats up as we've never tried it!
    I do find it difficult to park in the city - there have been a couple of times in multi storey car parks we've had to reverse out in order to load the kids in, would be very tricky if you were on your own.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a Nissan Pathfinder and I hate it.
    I think I'll get an outlander next time or go back to an asx which I loved. That would be too small though.
    I like Klugers too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have just bought a Sorrento and love it. Love the 7 year warranty. I had a Volvo and had a lot of expensive issues with it.

If you have 3 kids I would look at the carnival. For when the kids are older and hate each other and don't want to touch each other . I looked at it and it has soooo much room. But it looked hard to park and I only have 2 kids so happy with Sorrento. My 5yo looooves the back back row, though it can only take an untethered booster

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just bought a kluger but are pregnant with our first child so can't comment on how it goes with 3 car seats. We did a lot of research and bought it because it had the most space in the back seat in case one of us had to travel in the back with bub for whatever reason. We have a business and own about 13 vehicles including trucks and forklifts. All of them are Toyota bar 2 fords. We find Toyota to be very reliable

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Holden Captiva and love it!!! It's diesel and $60 fills it and lasts me just over a week and I do drive a bit school drop offs work and back and everything in between I got leather seats as they are easy to wipe clean. I didn't buy brand new it's a 2010 model but got sunroof sat Nav and reverse camera. Easy to drive and looks decent too. Only crap thing is I guess like most 7 sweaters is if all the seats are up no boot space... But if back seats are down its great. We had a Kia grand Carnaval a while back too and that fit 3 car seats along the middle row beautifully and had automatic opening and closing door while was a huge help too.