+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Seriously why do I attract psychos?

If somebody accidentally called your number at 630am, I mean it might make you cranky but it was a friggin mistake. Seriously is their response rational?!?

If you want to hear the story of today- My colleague told me yesterday she was sick and sorry she wouldn't catch up with me at work today.

I turn up and she's still on the roster. I tell my supervisor she's not coming in, boss said well she hasn't called so could I ring and double check. I grabbed my mobile to ring instead of using work phone, thinking she's more likely to pick up.

Nobody answers.

Anyhoo, later I receive a text "hi lms. I would appreciate if you didn't call me so early. What do you want?"

I thought she was a bit blunt but text her back, apologised for calling on her sick day and said boss told me to ring as she wasn't crossed off.

Response "who exactly told you to ring me lms?"

Figuring she was trying to start **** with our supervisor (they don't get along) I ignored the msg.

Later, another text. "LMS, why did you ring?"

Later again "Where did you get my number?"

It's then I realised this probably wasn't the right number, but this person knew my name so I had no inkling.

So I text "sorry, I might have the wrong number. I thought this was x".

"You do have the wrong number lms"

"Ok then. Well you know who I am? I don't know who you are. Sorry to bother you this morning, was a mistake, will delete number"

"I looked your name up on Facebook lms. Why make a call if it's not urgent before 8am?"

Ok I'm ignoring now. Turns out I used an old contact for my colleague.

The messages continue. "LMS, why did you wake me?"

"Do you regularly call wrong numbers? At 630am?"

Etc etc. omg. They know who I am and they can't let this go. So I block the number but I was so cranky at myself for being so lax on privacy settings, I had no idea you could look me up by my mobile number, same with email, I fought joining Facebook so long to avoid this kind of ****.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 24-05-2017 at 15:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a weirdo.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda View Post
    What a weirdo.
    Yep. This!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    oh how odd! i had no idea you could search on a mobile number either!!! meh someone obviously has more time than sense if they're engaging in such pointless back and forth. you did right to block the number!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Um. I can barely even fathom what is going through their head with that.

I would jump on and lock down your Facebook hard. Hopefully you don't get anything more from them

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

DynamiteandaLazerBeam  (31-05-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    oh how odd! i had no idea you could search on a mobile number either!!! meh someone obviously has more time than sense if they're engaging in such pointless back and forth. you did right to block the number!
    I know! I mean I made sure nobody can see posts, photos or even make friend requests unless they were friends of friends. So it was a shock to notice in the smaller details (hard to find) that it's automatically set to allow people to look me up via my number and email address.

Why pretend that you ****ing know me, it would of been obvious from my first text! I just hated the thought they knew me but I didn't know who it was.....

How do they know it wasn't urgent either?

Gah such a small thing but really ticked me off today.

Wouldn't surprise me if they attempt prank me in middle of night to "get even", thank god can block numbers! And do not disturb option lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I know! I mean I made sure nobody can see posts, photos or even make friend requests unless they were friends of friends. So it was a shock to notice in the smaller details (hard to find) that it's automatically set to allow people to look me up via my number and email address.

Why pretend that you ****ing know me, it would of been obvious from my first text! I just hated the thought they knew me but I didn't know who it was.....

How do they know it wasn't urgent either?

Gah such a small thing but really ticked me off today.

Wouldn't surprise me if they attempt prank me in middle of night to "get even", thank god can block numbers! And do not disturb option lol.

That's a total weirdo right there LMS.
    I found out last week how insidious Facebook is after DH told me my birthday came up on Facebook. I was like wtf I deactivated my Facebook account over 6 years ago and haven't touched it ever since! Sure enough I go on his Facebook and there I am listed on his friends page and you can click on my profile and it's as I left it. I'm not sure why it looks like I'm on Facebook all of a sudden as I haven't reactivated it so it should be as if it's not there at all. I think you can delete the whole thing so it wipes it all? but I'm not sure how and I don't even remember how to access my account.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    What the hell....?! That is so odd!! This person was probably very bored and has nothing else going in on their life to entertain them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    That's a total weirdo right there LMS.
    I found out last week how insidious Facebook is after DH told me my birthday came up on Facebook. I was like wtf I deactivated my Facebook account over 6 years ago and haven't touched it ever since! Sure enough I go on his Facebook and there I am listed on his friends page and you can click on my profile and it's as I left it. I'm not sure why it looks like I'm on Facebook all of a sudden as I haven't reactivated it so it should be as if it's not there at all. I think you can delete the whole thing so it wipes it all? but I'm not sure how and I don't even remember how to access my account.
    I have this issue with a previous profile- I had deactivated it after a day as I hated it but it came "alive" when I upgraded my phone recently. I could no longer access it to deactivate it again as my new fb account was linked to the same email and mobile. I reported my old profile numerous times that it was a duplicate and I wanted it closed. Not just to avoid confusion (I could tell through my dh that I received birthday wishes on there) but anyone see where I worked etc etc unlike my current profile. But those requests/reports to close it have been ignored.
    Horrible hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I have this issue with a previous profile- I had deactivated it after a day as I hated it but it came "alive" when I upgraded my phone recently. I could no longer access it to deactivate it again as my new fb account was linked to the same email and mobile. I reported my old profile numerous times that it was a duplicate and I wanted it closed. Not just to avoid confusion (I could tell through my dh that I received birthday wishes on there) but anyone see where I worked etc etc unlike my current profile. But those requests/reports to close it have been ignored.
    Horrible hey?
    It certainly is I was on Facebook from 2007 to early 2011 and got rid of it because so much of it is fakebook. I'm not normally a paranoid person but the amount of personal information stored through Facebook globally is pretty scary. And clearly once it's there good luck getting rid of it!