+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I got a kindle as I could not fit all of my books .... I LOVE my kindle

I like crime type books so am currently reading Vince Flynn (Mitch Rapp series)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaleissk View Post
    Oh this is my kinda thread, love a good book. I just finished reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. faboulous read! light hearted and very funny. Currently reading Flight Path by Ian Andrew which is crime/thriller
    I have been wanting to read 'The Rosie Project' for a while nice to hear you thought it was a good read 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have read Crazy Rich Asians and China Rich Girlfriend so many times. It's hilarious! The third book is out in a couple of weeks. I loved Burial Rites and Walking on Trampolines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved 'The Rosie Project' too. The second book 'The Rosie Effect' is great too. I've just finished 'The Art of Racing in the Rain'-a really good read written from the dogs perspective!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mint80 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @BH-KatiesMum Dh bought me a kindle because he said we couldn't fit any more bookshelves lol. I do love it especially for holidays because I used to have to lug 10-15 books with me. But it's not the same as holding a book. I have a 'library' one room with all walls covered in floor to ceiling bookshelves, then more bookshelves scattered throughout the house. I am a prolific reader and have been since the moment I could read. I do not know how people survive without a book in their hand!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh @binnielici I have 'library' envy, I love my huge book shelf in the front room but would love a dedicated room. I have close family members who swear by using kindles but agree there is nothing like holding a book, I don't think I could adjust to a kindle I am too traditional.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins. Loved the way it was written and kept me guessing until the end. Very enjoyable read!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Gentle Parenting Book- How to raise calmer, happier children from birth to seven by Sarah Ockwell-Smith.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @BH-KatiesMum Dh bought me a kindle because he said we couldn't fit any more bookshelves lol. I do love it especially for holidays because I used to have to lug 10-15 books with me. But it's not the same as holding a book. I am a prolific reader and have been since the moment I could read. I do not know how people survive without a book in their hand!
    This is me! Except, we can't actually risk buying new shelves in case we move somewhere and can't fit them all. It's been a tight squeeze for the last 3 houses. And we still want to move back closer to "home".

Also have library envy. I have dreams! I know exactly what my imaginary library looks like and I will get it one day! Might have to be after the kids move out and I can use one of their rooms, but one day I will have my library.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mint80 View Post
    I loved 'The Rosie Project' too. The second book 'The Rosie Effect' is great too. I've just finished 'The Art of Racing in the Rain'-a really good read written from the dogs perspective!
    I didn't know there was a second, will be popping into my local bookshop to get that. I read the art of racing in the rain about a month ago.. so so good! I actually cried a few times throughout that book.

With regards to Kindle's, my mil got me one as she knows I love to read, have never used it. I love buying books, I love the feel of books, the smell of them, collecting them and just everything about them.
    Last edited by kaleissk; 24-05-2017 at 21:31.