+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HSG or HyCoSy Western Sydney

Hi lovely ladies,

I am looking to get a HSG or HyCoSy done to check for fallopian tube blockages and wondering if anyone has had one in Western Sydney?

I am booked in to see a FS in nearly 2 months but was chatting to my GP about having this test in the meantime but she wasn't sure where to refer me to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I had a HyCoSy at Nepean private hospital. They were very nice and the process was quick and easy, slightly uncomfortable and pain for a split second. They explain everything as they do it so you'll know on the day if there's any problems. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle6474 View Post
    Hi there,

I had a HyCoSy at Nepean private hospital. They were very nice and the process was quick and easy, slightly uncomfortable and pain for a split second. They explain everything as they do it so you'll know on the day if there's any problems. Good luck!
    Do you get any sedatives to help you relax? Are there any side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They'll tell you to take 2 naprogesic 1 hour before your appointment. I had no side effect afterwards. I went out to lunch straight after my appointment. It's daunting but actually a very quick and easy procedure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle6474 View Post
    They'll tell you to take 2 naprogesic 1 hour before your appointment. I had no side effect afterwards. I went out to lunch straight after my appointment. It's daunting but actually a very quick and easy procedure
    Were there menstrual like cramps as described in the articles?

I am opting to be a single mum, 33 this year and was told to do a HyCosy before deciding on an IUI or IVF.

I was wondering if the procedure is really necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read so much on line and completely stressed myself out before the procedure. My experience was nothing like what I had read. I know everyone is different.
    I had it done because at that time I had been TTC for 3 years (now 4) had been on clomid for 12 months and my hormones are fine. My tubes weren't blocked. How long have you been TTC for and have you had any other testing?
    I'd say do it if it's been recommended by you gp or ob/gyn. It's scary but if your going down the IVF path it will probably be one of the easiest procedures you'll have while trying for your baby. It has been for me so far. I havent started IVF yet, have my first appointment in 2 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have seen my FS on the 19 May and was told to do a series of bloodtest incl. Karyotype and HyCosy before deciding on which procedure to go for with donor sperm with IVFA. So far I have attempted the blood test and am now left with HyCosy. Trying to find out more but sounds daunting having to pump dye into the uterus, not sure if the procedure will damage the fallopian tubes, maybe I am thinking too much.

Have you tried IUI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynyan View Post
    Were there menstrual like cramps as described in the articles?

I am opting to be a single mum, 33 this year and was told to do a HyCosy before deciding on an IUI or IVF.

I was wondering if the procedure is really necessary.
    As far as I know, they won't allow you to do IVF until you've had the HyCosy or HSG. I had mine done under GA while having a lap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lynyan I haven't heard of it damaging your tubes, if anything they say it flushes them out increasing the chances of falling pregnant naturally. I think you are thinking too much into it but that's completely normal. It's scary and good on you for making this decision it couldnt have been easy. You don't feel anything when the dye goes in. You can see it on the screen and it actually very interesting what they can see. I haven't tried IUI. After all the research I've done I'm starting to think I have endometriosis. But my gyno never mentioned it or tested me for anything. I'm wondering if I'm wasting my money by going to see genea as they're expensive. Should the gyno be able to do the operation cheaper if that's the case?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @michelle6474 Have you done a thorough check? What are the other tests have you done? What about your DH? Have you got him tested already?