+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Bump

Hey ladies,

I'm 16 weeks prego with my first baby (a boy) and just wondering if anyone else thinks their baby bump is a hideous shape? I don't mind how it looks in clothes but my naked belly is so gross! It hangs down and just looks like a roll of fat! Where's my nice round belly I was promised? LOL

I've NEVER been self-conscious about my body but these days I won't let my partner see my belly naked unless he catches me in the shower or makes me pose for a belly pic. And I always feel so frumpy afterwards

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my bump, I rub it constantly and I love being pregnant. I just have bump envy I suppose...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't start to show until 19 weeks, and didn't get that nice round bump look until about 28/29 weeks. I was a big girl to start with and I imagine if I'd been smaller I would have shown earlier. Don't worry - it'll come! Sitting here at 34 weeks looking like Buddha now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

MandySparkles  (22-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a terribly small girl but not big either, I have skinny arms/legs but a huge belly for 16 weeks. I have received so many comments like "you're showing so soon!" and "you know that's not all baby yet?!" so of course I'm now self-conscious about it.

I asked the OBGYN and he said it's mostly gas and bloating but I can feel low down that it's quite tight and firm and I assume the baby is in there

And to make it worse my boobs have grown SO MUCH! And they are STILL GROWING! They show no signs of staying this size and they now sit on my tummy when I'm sitting down - which is not a good look. I think I look like an orang-utan LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MandySparkles View Post
    I have received so many comments like ... "you know that's not all baby yet?!" so of course I'm now self-conscious about it.
    Someone said that?! Ruuuuude!

My health nurse and doctor have both made comments about my weight/weight gain. I don't mind exactly, but I wonder if they're aware of how much those comments turn around and around in people's minds.

We're going away with new friends next weekend which will involve at least a bikini and probably some nudity. I'll be 16 weeks and not that excited about getting into a bikini. On the other hand, I just found out that this couple have been having some conception difficulties, so I guess I should just suck up my self-consciousness, be grateful for pregnancy and try and be mindful of their feelings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OSmum2017 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had weight loss surgery before getting pregnant and had a lot of loose skin on my belly (overhang, apron, verandah - whatever you want to call it )
    In the beginning all the loose skin filled up with fluid, but now that there is a fully formed human in there my bump is huge and hard up top but down the bottom is still flabby loose skin that wobbles when I walk - it is so weird!! When I sit down and lean back I have this huge hard bump but when I lean forward I look like I have 2 fat rolls instead.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was the same I hated how I looked when I was pregnant. I didn't really look pregnant till about 25 weeks just looked chubby up untill then. So i hated how I looked. Then at the end I was so huge, it was just ridiculous! I never let hubby see me naked I was horrified at my own body. Now 10 weeks pp and I actually feeling better about my post baby body. I didn't gain much Wright but have a loose tummy, but I am ok with that. So dont worry it will pass but I think many women feel like this and if they say they don't I think they are lying.. lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twentysomething For This Useful Post:

Galdoria  (23-05-2017),MandySparkles  (22-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    I was the same I hated how I looked when I was pregnant. I didn't really look pregnant till about 25 weeks just looked chubby up untill then. So i hated how I looked. Then at the end I was so huge, it was just ridiculous! I never let hubby see me naked I was horrified at my own body. Now 10 weeks pp and I actually feeling better about my post baby body. I didn't gain much Wright but have a loose tummy, but I am ok with that. So dont worry it will pass but I think many women feel like this and if they say they don't I think they are lying.. lol
    Probably one of the most reassuring things i've heard about pregnancy body. And comforting right now. Thanks!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Galdoria For This Useful Post:

MandySparkles  (25-05-2017)