+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Female sexual dysfunction (TMI / trigger warning)

Hoping this is an appropriate topic, apologies if not. Looking for advice from anyone who has experienced similar issues and how to overcome them.

I've done some research but it can be a little awkward with some of the results that google comes up with . Hoping that this group of supportive people might be able to help.

I have vaginismus, most likely triggered by sexual abuse as a child. Due to DH being incredibly patient and gentle, we have been able to get things working when he is wearing a condom.

However, we are planning to ttc later in the year. Obviously a condom isn't an option then. We have tried to DTD 'a la natural' but it isn't possible. It hurts me significantly and DH has also said it is actually physically painful for him too.

I'm wanting to get this sorted before we start ttc so it isn't adding to the stress of an already high anxiety time. Has anyone found anything that has helped? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I cannot give you any advice I just wanted to let you know you are not alone, I was sexual abused and in all honesty I have no sex Drive. Luckily like you I have a loving and understanding husband

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't heard of this condition before, but have you considered poking holes in the end of a condom?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't have this condition but a friend does and being that it's primarily a psychosomatic condition she has therapy/counselling and medical help alongside each other. I couldn't tell you what the medical help is exactly.

I'm wondering, just a thought if estrogen cream might help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think that perhaps the lubricant on the condom could be what is helping rather than the condom itself? When you have tried it without the condom did you use plenty of lubricant? There are some sperm friendly lubricants out there that you could use while TTC if you can avoid using a condom. The other option which I have read people on here talk about is using a syringe to place the semen where it needs to go. If you search some of the erectile dysfunction threads then you might find a discussion about it. It is apparent quite effective and can remove a lot of the pressure associated with ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry this happened to you

It might have been painful due to dryness so maybe try again with heaps of lubrication. As the PP said there is a sperm friendly one but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Maybe use a syringe and put some up there as well as on your DH and yourself

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    Sorry this happened to you

It might have been painful due to dryness so maybe try again with heaps of lubrication. As the PP said there is a sperm friendly one but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Maybe use a syringe and put some up there as well as on your DH and yourself

Good luck
    The sperm friendly one I know of is called Pre-Seed and it come with internal applicators.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannyAnny View Post
    The sperm friendly one I know of is called Pre-Seed and it come with internal applicators.
    Yes, that's the one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all

I'll certainly give the lubricant a go. I think that is certainly a factor when we use condoms. Don't condoms have a 'spermicide'? Not sure about the poking holes method but I'm willing to try anything.

If all else fails I'll try the syringe insertion method but really would prefer to conceive normally if possible.

We are also planning a pre-conception appointment with our gp so will raise it with her to see if there is any medical assistance that might work for us too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The2Peas For This Useful Post:

ShannyAnny  (22-05-2017)