I agree with magicmashie. In that case, maybe keep on discussing their plans with them, tell them how important it is for you to stay close to them so you'd like to know their plans as soon as they make a decision. It might mean that you guys have to stay put for a little bit longer while they make up their minds though.
Are you ok with that? What if they decide on Tuncurry, can you actually follow them -even to Newcastle?