+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What would you do in relation to husbands parents prospective move

Good Morning, I am really needing some advice, I had originally posted a question a while back about best places to live between Bankstown and Camden. Over the weekend husbands parents talked to the family about the fact in 2 years time they will either move towards Camden and build there dream home or will retire to Tuncurry NSW. We feel we are in a bit of a predicament as we don't want to stay where we are but but in the same token we don't want to move and then they move away. Me and hubby have been talking and well he does not want to mive to tuncurry as feels it is good to holiday and visit but not live permanently, my husband also thinks about opportunities for when we have kids ie they would either have to travel or move to Newcastle for work opportunities.

My question is if you were in our predicament what would you do. Would you move semi close to where his parents are now. Would you move towards Newcastle. In all honesty this has really put a spanner in the works, due to us being close to them would like to me somewhat close to them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I wouldn't worry about where they are going to move and only concentrate on where you want to move to

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say wait and see for now and keep discussing it with your husband's parents.
    It doesn't sound like your in-laws have a definitive idea of what exactly they will be doing. It would create another set of problems if you move towards Newcastle but they end up deciding to build in Camden area. Their move may also be later or sooner than 2 years.

Would you and your husband be able to move closer to Newcastle - work wise etc- if need be?
    If you'd really like to move soon, i'd say find an area you really like closer to where they are now/ close to Camden area. The move towards Newcastle would be a big shift for you based on not enough certainty -in my opinion- that they will be moving that way in the coming years.

Difficult situation though. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would wait and see where they end up moving to.

Sounds like they're undecided. You never know, they could end up somewhere that is not Camden or Tuncurry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your advice we are just finding it really hard as we really don't want to stay where we currently are but on the other hand we don't want to move and then move again in say 2 years time. In terms of moving to tuncurry they have always said they would like to retire there so in all honesty I am just feeling a little stuck at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be concerned with where they are moving. I'd be more concerned with what is the right move for my family. You can always visit the in laws if they decide to move away

Thanks
    Reviews
    The issue we face is being close to them is important to me and my husband. They are the only family we have as I have a estranged family and have been through trauma and his parents are part of my support net work, hence I am not sure what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you spoken to them about your current predicament?

If they want you to end up living close-ish to them too surely you should discuss together

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it is us wanting to be close to them and we have discussed it with them but they are still not sure as to what they are going to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess then you will just have to wait to see what they do then follow them