+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PCOS, endometoriosis, Adenomyosis and Hypertonic pelvic floor...

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling right now and would love to get some advice off others in similar situations.
    I'm 32 and have a 6 year old little boy. Whilst I had endo and pcos prior to my son, I had never really seen their pure ugliness until post pregnancy.

Since my son I have had surgery for my endo a few times, I am very over weight -bMI34 (never been an issue in my life), insulin resistant, hypertonic pelvic floor (resting pressure is 78), chronic pelvic pain, painful intercourse (that is basically non existent), I can not take a contraceptive pill, and now adenomyosis.

We have been trying to conceive for years now with no success. I have been on fertility drugs for over 2 years and only managed to ovulate once. With this ovulation cycle I fell pregnant only to miscarry 6 weeks later. I then had further procedures done and now they say Adenomyosis.

I would love to hear from others and their reality of carrying baby, anxieties during pregnancy and anything else anyone has to offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, no happy ending here unfortunately, just thought I'd share as our stories are similar. I have a 7 year old boy conceived naturally, and tried to conceive again when he was 18 months old. It took 3 IVF cycles, 4 years and a laparoscopy to diagnose my endometriosis. Very frustrating. I fell preg naturally straight after the lap, but lost it at seven weeks. I thought it was just bad luck and thought I would just fall pregnant quickly again, considering I was now "fixed". However it didn't happen. So 2 more rounds of Ivf and another lap and I'm still longing for my second baby. I have borderline pcos but bmi is normal. I really want to try metformin as I've heard it can help, but because of my normal weight, they don't want to try it. They are putting me into menopause to suppress my oestrogen, which flares up your endo. After 3 months of this, they'll transfer an embryo while my endo is in a coma. I'm sorry to hear your story, but you are definitely not alone. Hopefully we'll have our babies soon.