Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i still don't understand why the issue of whether the question is hypothetical or not is being discussed. just because the OP has been open about many other aspects of her life, doesn't preclude her from being allowed to ask a hypothetical question? if you wanted to be truly supportive, you'd answer the question and keep your petty speculation as to whether it's hypothetical or not to yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i still don't understand why the issue of whether the question is hypothetical or not is being discussed. just because the OP has been open about many other aspects of her life, doesn't preclude her from being allowed to ask a hypothetical question? if you wanted to be truly supportive, you'd answer the question and keep your petty speculation as to whether it's hypothetical or not to yourselves.
    So now it's petty to be concerned about the safety of a child? Righto. I remember a few years ago there was a kid that was starved to death due to severe neglect from her parents had a mother who was on parenting forums (it wason the news)...so yeah, I think in the instance where a poster has given enough info about their life for there to be concerns about the child's wellbeing we can move on past hypothetical bs.
    As a side note...the op seems to have enough supportive services in place for her that she is saved from multiple self harming and suicide attempts, but I wonder what support the child gets? If what pointless says is true then everyone should be a bit more concerned about the wellbeing of this kid and stop fluffing around.
    Last edited by Full House; 19-05-2017 at 14:53.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (19-05-2017),BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-05-2017),Californication  (19-05-2017),Calstar  (19-05-2017),dani251  (19-05-2017),HollyGolightly81  (19-05-2017),TheGooch  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    its petty to be questioning whether the OP is in fact posting "hypothetically" or not. don't pretend you didn't get what i mean. and don't twist my words into something they're not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    its petty to be questioning whether the OP is in fact posting "hypothetically" or not. don't pretend you didn't get what i mean. and don't twist my words into something they're not.
    Huh? We were told by mods to stick to this post. The OP said her question in the OP was hypothetical. So, yep...I thought you were talking about the question in this thread. Not trying to twist your words at all.
    Last edited by Full House; 19-05-2017 at 15:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default are there any circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    the question was not whether I should or whether DS should be in my custody or not, it was whether there were circumstances that you would consider it
    She posted that it was.

Petty speculation? Are her recents posts not alarming?!

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. She's just been to the ER on Monday. You yourself said you were worried about her and she's asked a question like this but is saying it's hypothetical and we are not to bring up her circumstances.

This needs to be said. If this is real, and I'm genuinely worried it is, then it needs to be taken seriously. I'm actually feeling a bit sick about this. I've been suicidal before. I really hope if anyone has her personal details that they have asked police to do a welfare check.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 19-05-2017 at 15:17.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-05-2017),Full House  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i sent her a pm earlier after seeing an alarming post and, from the most recent update i've received, the appropriate people were contacted and on their way.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-05-2017),Frankenmum  (19-05-2017),Julzgulz  (19-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to agree this is an alarming situation and that this member needs help beyond what can be offered in an anonymous forum.

We can speculate all we like (well not really) but the reality is their may be a child at serious risk.

I think this tread should be closed and the OPs diary should have a trigger warning. I would suggest the best option is for mods to handle this and for it not to be openly discussed. It is incredibly distressing and unfortunately we can not actually do a thing about it.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-05-2017),dani251  (19-05-2017),Frankenmum  (19-05-2017),harvs  (19-05-2017),HollyGolightly81  (19-05-2017),Papillon  (19-05-2017),TheGooch  (19-05-2017),turquoisecoast  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't going to respond to this post again, but I think it's important to point out a few things.

The OP started this thread, and many of this nature, including her diary. It's not like people are talking about her, they are responding to her threads.

Saying this topic/the OP shouldn't be openly discussed is the worst thing that can be done. It is not only adding to the stigma of mental illness, but it's cutting off the OP's only outlet. Yes the topic is distressing, but wanting it swept under the carpet bc it makes us feel upset is not in the OP or her child's best interests.

Please stop chastising people that don't respond in the way you (a general you) see fit. No one has been nasty, just expressing genuine concern for her child, which is well reasoned. Child's physical and emotional safety is everyone's business.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-05-2017),dani251  (19-05-2017),Full House  (19-05-2017),HollyGolightly81  (19-05-2017),Papillon  (19-05-2017),Renn  (19-05-2017),TheGooch  (19-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I wasn't going to respond to this post again, but I think it's important to point out a few things.

The OP started this thread, and many of this nature, including her diary. It's not like people are talking about her, they are responding to her threads.

Saying this topic/the OP shouldn't be openly discussed is the worst thing that can be done. It is not only adding to the stigma of mental illness, but it's cutting off the OP's only outlet. Yes the topic is distressing, but wanting it swept under the carpet bc it makes us feel upset is not in the OP or her child's best interests.

Please stop chastising people that don't respond in the way you (a general you) see fit. No one has been nasty, just expressing genuine concern for her child, which is well reasoned. Child's physical and emotional safety is everyone's business.
    Can't thank this enough. I'm actually surprised at how upsetting I am finding this all. I get people are trying to be helpful but I feel like tiptoeing around this when a child's well being is involved is the worst we can do.

I hope mods close this thread and do whatever is in their modly power to address ops situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

My suggestion that is not be openly discussed has nothing to do with the stigma of mental illness, I've opening shared my own battle with depression and anxiety in the past.

I simply suggested it because apart from being extremely distressing and upsetting to other members we actually can't do anything. We don't know the OP personally so can't call the police/ambulance or DHS or even just call or pop around to check on her. Reading what sounds like a suicide note and having no way to check on someone's welfare is very distressing. The OP needs to rely on her support workers and safety plans because we simply can't help.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-05-2017),turquoisecoast  (19-05-2017)