+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default severe depression sucks

Sunday I thought was a good day with DS - he was a total champ. Fast forward to early hours of Monday morning, enact saftey plan & call psych triage, 15 mins later police & ambos are taking DS & I to hospital yet again (I've only been home a few weeks). So hours in ED under police guard & eventually I get to avoid going straight back to the psych ward which was requested by my case manager by agreeing to a month long stay in a residential facility. That will make 7 months is the past 12 that I've been away from home, yet another DHS notification & having them sniffing around. And back to 3 x ECT treatments a week for the month instead of being able to get down to once a month maintenance.

I feel like I'm never going to feel like I deserve to live, that I can't do this to DS anymore & maybe I should be telling DHS to find a new home for him. Tired of being afraid of sleep, of continually having to be on treatment orders & just not able to function. Feeling completely lost & alone all over again. I really never does get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    nothing to say that will help you in any way but sending hugs and strength. your ds sounds amazing xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Huge hugs. I've been thinking of you recently and wondering how things are going. I'm really sorry to hear that things are not going well.
    I'm really sorry that treatment isn't working for you. They need to think outside the box. Australia's public system for dealing with mental health is really terrible. It is something that I really wish the government would actively do something about instead of spouting the "it's a great concern and a complex issue" line and not actually doing anything about funding.

Your DS is amazing. I wish you could see yourself the way he sees you xx

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hugs pointless. I have been thinking of you. I do hope you can get to a good treatment place. Your son is a champ, and I am sure he does value you as his mum, and he will know how much you try to be better for him. Love and prayers. , marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh honey I'm sorry. Your young man needs his mum and he knows you are trying your best . I hope things begin to sort themselves out soon. I wish I could help you and DS. I'd be there in a heartbeat ..you are a wonderful mum trying to do the best in a Sh!tyy situation.

Much love to you both

Xx