+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning (all day) sickness

How does everyone deal with constant morning sickness? Didn't hav it last time and I'm really struggling. I'm barely functional and dealing with a six year old as well is very difficult, I've even had to take time off work.
    When did it disappear for u?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Zofran wafers and lots of snacking. Lessened for me around 16 weeks but didn't totally go away

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain Hun, I am the same I feel down right yuck 🤢 trying to function and also had days off work. No a lot is working for me. I have had ginger and lemon tea which helps a little but not the extent where I can function at work. I came home after 3hrs today because I was struggling so much plus I didn't sleep well last night and had a major headache.

I asked for Zofran but dr said I had to try maxalon!! Well dr maxalon just does not cut all day sickness with twins!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maxalon did nothing for me. I've just started zofran which has helped but now I'm constipated... so now taking something else for that! I'm so sick this time which was nothing like last time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah nothing really helps mine I'm just kind of surviving day by day but what I can stomach seems to change almost everyday.. cooking and even grocery shopping is torture...exhausting with 4 other kids to sort out 13 weeks on Friday so hoping it disappears soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Half a dose of restavit before bed with my pregnancy vitamins.
    It saved me. I tried all the natural things like snacking but it didnt work and the nausea didnt give me a break even for 5 minutes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Off to the doctor tomorrow. I'm only 6 weeks but hav been so sick for 2 weeks straight. Been horrible, I don't know how anyone deals with it for weeks/months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zofran is the only thing that has worked for me both with DS and this current pregnancy. Still take 8mg a day at 37 weeks although was taking more than double that up until ~25 weeks.
    Stay hydrated!

Thanks
    Reviews

Zofran here too every day until just before the birth! Helped sometimes to deal with the vomiting but it doesn't help with nausea. I had HG the entire pregnancy.. so my suggestion is keep your ob informed as you will need the support whether it's weeks or months.. sometimes I felt she was the only person who understood what I was going through. Suck on ice if you can't stomach water. And also Aquamamma drinks.. doesn't make you feel better but helps with dehydration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure that you continue to eat healthy meals and snacks and drink lots of water, regardless of how you feel. Since I could not get myself to eat full meals, I just made sure I had between 6 to 8 snacks ( I know that 8 sounds extreme, but usually that snack only consisted of a small celery stick or 2 with peanut butter) throughout the day.

For nausea try drinking no to morning sickness tea or make some juice with ginger (yes, as gross as it sounds it worked for me).