+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ditching the pill, wanting others experiences.

Hi All,

So I ditched the pill in March. Had one period which was only 1 day late based on a 28 day cycle, as I don't know my cycle length yet.

Now on day 42 of this cycle and still no signs of shark week. Not pregnant (tested that).

I have been on birth control for 11 years, mostly the pill with a stint with implanon. What are others experiences coming off the pill and getting regular?

I have been tracking my BBT which is all over the place. CM tells me nothing as no consistency. OPKs all negative.

I am 25 years old and currently childless.

Input appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I stopped taking any birth control about 2 years ago and it took a full year for my period to go back to a 28/29 day cycle. I had loads of cycles from 22 days all the way up to 60 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Zeddie View Post
    I stopped taking any birth control about 2 years ago and it took a full year for my period to go back to a 28/29 day cycle. I had loads of cycles from 22 days all the way up to 60 days.
    Thanks for your reply. Oh gee I hope it doesn't take that long. I am a control freak and a planner.. Although I do realise these things don't just go to plan.

How long were you on the pill prior to giving it the flick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ditching the pill, wanting others experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by KristAbell92 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Oh gee I hope it doesn't take that long. I am a control freak and a planner.. Although I do realise these things don't just go to plan.

How long were you on the pill prior to giving it the flick?
    I was on it for over 6 years. Stopped when I was pregnant with my son but resumed for 2 years.
    Hopefully your cycles go back to regular quicker then mine x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

KristAbell92  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a really similar situation to you! I was on the pill for approx 15 years, stopped taking it early March had a breakthrough bleed for about a week, it's now 2 months and 5 days later and no AF.
    I'm very impatient and kinda feel like I'm finally in place where we are stable enough to fall pregnant (I'm 32) and my body is just not cooperating. I went to the doctors and was told just to wait it out. Ive booked to see a Naturopath at the end of May so hopefully that helps. I know it's only been a couple of months but it's still quite confronting especially when it's drilled into to your whole like not skip the pill for even a day cause you might fall pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Krella17 View Post
    I'm in a really similar situation to you! I was on the pill for approx 15 years, stopped taking it early March had a breakthrough bleed for about a week, it's now 2 months and 5 days later and no AF.
    I'm very impatient and kinda feel like I'm finally in place where we are stable enough to fall pregnant (I'm 32) and my body is just not cooperating. I went to the doctors and was told just to wait it out. Ive booked to see a Naturopath at the end of May so hopefully that helps. I know it's only been a couple of months but it's still quite confronting especially when it's drilled into to your whole like not skip the pill for even a day cause you might fall pregnant.
    The frustration is real! When I told my Dr that I was going off the pill he said it's pretty common for most women to take approx 6 months before getting pregnant. After talking with my mum she said she just went off the pill had a period and bam got pregnant, guess I was hoping for her super fertility haha. Although we trying just yet, due to an upcoming holiday. I bet that when it will arrive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally got AF! Hopefully things will start getting back to normal. Exciting times!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KristAbell92 For This Useful Post:

Mumofthreeboys  (20-09-2017),Stephie91  (06-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally got AF! Hopefully things will start getting back to normal. Exciting times!
    When you stopped the pill, where in your cycle did you stop taking it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmashie View Post
    When you stopped the pill, where in your cycle did you stop taking it?
    I took the placebo pills, had a period and stopped after that. About 4 weeks later I had a withdrawal bleed which was mild, then nothing for 2 months... Now finally AF arrived Monday. So currently CD2.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KristAbell92 For This Useful Post:

magicmashie  (06-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took the placebo pills, had a period and stopped after that. About 4 weeks later I had a withdrawal bleed which was mild, then nothing for 2 months... Now finally AF arrived Monday. So currently CD2.
    Great thanks for the info. I just did what you did ( stopped after placebo and period) and was wondering what I could possibly expect from my cycle