+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't even blink at 4.
    My husband's cousin has 4 (6 pregnancies) and I cannot imagine her without them. My god is she super mum.

We have 3- our DD and my two step-kids. We said we would have another, which makes 4.

My mum had 5 (7 pregnancies) with me being the eldest, and the youngest is currently 9 (same age as my step-son).

My concern would be that you won't feel done after 4 either... I mean it doesn't affect me but if you can 'manage financially' with one more I expect you couldn't add another after that? Can you say you will be able to accept just one more?
    Again, doesn't affect me and I don't believe anyone should have to stop having kids when they are capable of providing.

I could accept being done now (even though I can hear my clock screaming ONE MORE) as I never expected to have any, but because we said two there is a gap there as I pictured 4 kids.

Sc*ew what anyone says. Have a set response and just repeat it.
    "Am I asking you to raise it? No? Then keep your negativity to yourself."

If they feel that strongly about you not having more, I'm sure they don't need to ever meet any bub you may have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you......I am pregnant with number 5 and I get all the you guys are crazy comments.
    Yesterday I got "complete freakin nutter " 😕
    I also get "you must be superwoman" alot. That one kinda annoys me but I think it's meant as a compliment.
    Anyway my number 4 is 3yo now and she is so awesome and our lives would be not be the same without her. I'm sure this baby will be the same.
    I actually feel so blessed and lucky to have all these kids, we have our moments but I cannot imagine only having 2 kids.
    Each to their own I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this same desire after having two and just wanted one more. Like you I had the same thought about regretting not having that one in 20 years time. I couldn't shake the desire - even though I was almost 41. I ended up having the third but had to do IVF to get there. I can't imagine him not being here now . I thought about other people's reactions because of my age and the fact I have a stressful professional job but in the end it was our choice and if we didn't think we could handle it we wouldn't have done it.

I got lots of comments from people who already had three like - "you don't want three take it from me" and I would think, it's alright for you to say that you've got the children you want!

As others have said it's your family and your choice and regret is an unpleasant emotion to deal with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL DT75.......You said Supermum. 😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am one of 4 and mum got those comments all the time, especially the "oh still trying for a boy?", I am one of 4 girls. She just wanted healthy babies and did not care what gender she got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had 4, and reasonably close together (our eldest was 4y3m when the youngest was born). We got so much of that.
    Reactions to the pregnancy were "oh. Again" mostly.
    I love having 4. I don't find parenting overly difficult. I mean I might have my days if I'm unwell or whatever, but we have it pretty cruisey. I could easily handle two more I reckon, car/finances could definitely accommodate one more. I would love another but the husband doesn't. That doesn't stop his mother telling me that I should overrule him because he'll love it once it's here (joking of course). She's about the only person who doesn't see four kids as HUGE. She has 4 as well though, so maybe that's why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 of my own and 2 step sons who live with us full time. I am pregnant with my 3rd which will take us to 5 ... am I crazy - probably but I've wanted this so badly i will make it work for our family. People will always judge you - I haven't told many friends yet about this baby as I'm not looking forward to the comments but honestly this isn't their baby or their life it's yours so you do what is right for YOU