+ Reply to Thread
    BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default what is the best present you have ever received?

spin off from my other thread - what is the best pressie you ever got?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used to have a lot of mates come over for dinners and on weekends and what not when we first had kids (we were the only ones in our friend group with kids at the time) so they all chipped in and bought me a dishwasher for my birthday! Made my life a million times easier and DD1 played in the box for months!! Her uncle and her ended up making it into an under the stairs cubby house, that box was huge and so tough!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Girl For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A custom made ring from DH for my 30th/DS1's birth. I designed it and had it made from old rings I had laying around (and some new stones added - sapphires as they are DS1 birthstone and a diamond which by coincidence is also DS2 birthstone). I love it and wear it every day and have had it engraved with DS1s name. DS2s name won't fit on there unfortunately so not sure what I'll do about that yet. Definitely the best gift I have received for sentimental reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm...

Coffee machine & patio set from my DP (for 2 separate birthdays). He found really good quality thugs second hand and I use them all the time. Hey're both fantastic because he knows that my favourite way to relax is to sit outside with a book and a cup of coffee.

Also some handmade artwork from my sister and friend - beautiful pieces and so thoughtful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default what is the best present you have ever received?

A few spring to mind. I've been quite lucky with some wonderful and thoughtful the gifts through the years.

1) coming home from school to discover my parents bought me a car! Nearly as old as I was and second hand, but she was in awesome condition and I loved her for the nearly 10 years I had her and cried when I traded her in.

2) DH bought me a camera one Mother's Day as mine was playing up and pics of the kids etc were blurry and dark (DS dropped it). He also bought me a beautiful necklace early in our relationship which I still love.

3) an amazing picture my BFF bought me that is of a significant place for me and makes me smile every time I look at it on my wall.

4) the kids artworks and presents. Some of the stuff DS has done is amazing for a 7yo and takes pride of place on my wall. DD (5) also is getting quite artistic in her use of colours and they both out so much effort into things for my birthday, Mother's Day etc. I love their excited little faces when they tell me all about how they've done it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one that springs to mind was in 2015. We moved interstate in Fed 15 and I left behind my DS1. In May there was a family reunion in Sydney which I had hoped he could attend as it was well a big event, I missed him and it was 2 days before my birthday. Anyway he couldn't get time off work. So we went to Sydney for the reunion and stayed with my dad. We got there late Friday night. On Saturday morning I woke early and my dad says to me you've got an early birthday present in the lounge. I walked in and there was DS1 fast asleep on a roll out bed. In nearly fell over I was so surprised and I started bawling - I'm getting teary now lol The best bit he had organised the whole thing himself and they had all kept it from me. It was the best birthday gift ever. We got to spend 3 days together.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Californication  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend gave me a box of chocolates for Easter. Only a little present in the grand scheme of things, but it made me so happy I cried. It is the first gift I haven't had to buy myself / pay for in years.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

yadot  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DSD bought me a bunch of LUSH bath stuff for xmas last year. She knows me so well and picked all y favourite scents!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    From childhood - my first horse!
    From adulthood - my engagement ring (I see it and what it represents as a gift), tickets to a horse show and a night in a fancy hotel from DH before we were married or had DS, canola flowers DH picked for me when we were dating and he had no money to buy flowers, Billy buttons that DH picked for me on another occasion when he saw them out when he was working for no particular reason at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a present that you can buy but bringing my first born home on Mother's Day 22 years ago was the best gift ever esp after 2 m/cs prior. I was due ( scan dates) after Mother's Day but he came on his due date ( LMP) .