+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I still don't drink coffee. I'm another one who loves the smell but hates the taste.

I can't remember when I had my first cup of tea. Some time before the age of 6 I guess. Dd has the occasional cup of "tea", which involves a tea bag dunked twice in about 2 cm of boiling water with enough milk added to fill the cup. So really it's just slightly tea-coloured milk but she likes it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started drinking tea at about 16. Have never drunk coffee - yuck! I made DS1 (4yo) a cup of herbal tea the other day as he wanted to try some, but he didn't like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tea probably around 12? Only had it very rarely and didn't really start drinking it til I was about 16. Coffee... ugh. Love the smell, so at least I don't mind when DH grinds his coffee beans and makes his coffee... but I cannot stand the taste. I wish DH would stop offering to make me one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Coffee & tea - what age?

I started drinking coffee around 16 or 17yrs old, but not seriously, and tea about the same age I think, though as a young teen I was more into soft drink .

The kids are too young for coffee, and think it smells gross anyway, but when we have Yum Cha they all drink the Chinese tea, which is usually Marigold or Jasmine green/herbal tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drank coffee around 16...I remember having a coffee and banana for breakfast for year 11 and 12. Tea from a young age at my grandparents house for breakfast in bed.

My DDs are 9 and 12. Neither have had coffee, but both drink tea. They like the T2 teas and tea from another shop called The Tea Shop (I think). From there they drink Apple Pie Tea, Berry Tea (usually iced), Chocolate Tea, English Breakfast and Lady Grey teas.

Sounds like they drink it a lot, but they have maybe 2 a week in winter. In summer we make up a berry tea and put it in the fridge and they will have a glass or so, but I forget to make it so it is not every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coffee - it wasnt until I was 18 and out of home. I'd be keen to make sure my kids dont start drinking coffee until they're about 15 or so
    Tea - probably the occasional weak tea around 6, I started. I'd be ok with a weak, milky tea now at 5 if she'd drink it (she wont)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drank tea from about 16 ish and coffee in my 20's. If my eldest two asked to try coffee now I would let them (14 & 12) but I would discourage them from drinking it often. They've been drinking tea since about 4 or 5, it's gotten gradually stronger and less milky over the years lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been sipping on tea from a young age maybe 4 (was very weak and milky black tea or Rooibos or sipped from my mums cup ), these days i drink tea in the evenings a couple nights a week - black, chai or Rooibos.

Coffee I think i didnt drink until late teens or even later, I cant recall. Now i have about 3 day, 2 to wake up and 1 in the mid arvo (I rarely buy coffee though) There have been times where my coffee drinking has got out of hand!

My kids all have occasional tea, usually Chai or Rooibos. My DD (14) has just recently been making weak, milky coffee...I'd prefer she didnt, but its not something I'd ban.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS started drinking random cups of English bfast at about 3.
    Very very weak with lots of milk. He loves it.

Coffee? I think I'd hold off till their teens, kinda not the same as when my mum used to give me a bit of 'international roast'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    About 8 for tea, and 14 for coffee.

My stepkids have been allowed to drink tea (at their mums) since about 4. They started drinking it here at about 7.5.
    Coffee... we have told them 14. Again, they had it (at least twice that we know of) at their mums.