+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green lady I was worried about getting addicted but I didn't. I just tapered off it and found I was ok after a few days. I think just knowing I had it just in case I ever needed it was sometimes enough to ease my anxiety which I know probably sounds a bit strange! What you are describing is exactly what happened to me. I would read until my eyes just could not stay open but I STILL couldn't sleep as I was so worked up about not sleeping. It absolutely sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green lady I was worried about getting addicted but I didn't. I just tapered off it and found I was ok after a few days. I think just knowing I had it just in case I ever needed it was sometimes enough to ease my anxiety which I know probably sounds a bit strange! What you are describing is exactly what happened to me. I would read until my eyes just could not stay open but I STILL couldn't sleep as I was so worked up about not sleeping. It absolutely sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Furmumma - that's doesn't sound strange at all. One of the worst nights I had when I was still awake at 6 am was when I had no temazepam left and knowing there wasn't any made me even more anxious when I tried to do to bed.

Its good to know you didn't get addicted. Its just so awful and I never experienced insomnia before this and have always been a solid 7-8 hour per night sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=Soon2be4;8688717]It sounds like a mix of chronic overtiredness and stuck in the cycle. It's completely your choice but maybe the Valium would help to reset the cycle. Maybe it would be worth getting your hormone levels checked. It could be another reason. Plus I know you've just had a baby but maybe some kind of pre Menopausal issues?
    Be kind to yourself you've been through so much.. I'm sure your bub is fine try and enjoy it all. X[/QUOTE

Thanks for your reply. I agree @Soon2be4 that it could be hormonal - either post birth funny hormone levels or some kind of peri menopausal issues but I am back on my usual contraceptive pill and had hoped it would level out my hormones but it hasn't .