+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How was your Mothers Day?

It was a massive day for us but not much celebrating me as a mum. I don't mind, as it's not something that's important to me to celebrate. If it was, I would have told DH to take the boys shopping for me, or to book somewhere nice for breakfast or something, but instead my MIL came over which she does every Sunday, and as a surprise, DH's sister flew in from Melbourne and he went to pick her up from the train station, under the guise of having to buy us flowers.. came back and there was SIL and flowers for me and MIL. That was quite nice.. then I took DS1 and DS2 to the mall to buy craft supplies which I had promised (as a reward for being good in school for DS1, but then DS2 needs to get the same as DS1 so he isn't left out). While we were out I bought the boys ice cream, which I hardly ever do, and that was fun, kind of like a reverse Mother's Day present thing haha boys were quite naughty while we were out which was annoying because it made me consider that it would have been nice to actually have a break from the kids for Mother's Day rather than wrangling them out on my own lol
    MIL And SIL left at midday just as a group of our friends arrived and we had a burrito party at our place .. 5 couples + Kids.. it was a lot of fun.. then they left in the evening just in time for me to meet my mum& brother for a tapas dinner.. very last minute As I wasn't even expecting to see her, so I had to pop into Coles to buy her some cheap tacky things that I knew she would love (some flannel pjs and a teapot thing, some chocolates and flowers). She gave me a spa voucher so I felt a little bad that I didn't go to more effort but she was just so happy that I came out.. I totally wasn't planning to.

Overall it was a really nice day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How was your Mothers Day?

Lovely day here. Woke up to big smiles from DD2 who was sleeping in my bed. Cuddles before she got up to help dd1 and DH make pancakes for breakfast. Breakfast in bed and then a few small presents including some really sweet homemade gifts from the girls.
    Lunch with another family out - great food and lovely company.
    Picked up groceries and then visited by a friend spontaneously who stayed for dinner - cooked by DH (with a little help from me and the freezer ).
    Rest of the night just relaxing...
    Was a lovely day - time with my kids, DH and good friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cr*p.

I bought myself earring to match the necklace I got last year, and gave them to H to give to the kids for me.
    Got woken up with a punch from DD at 6.30 am. Attempted to wake H as he had said I could 'sleep in' and he would get up with her. He mumbled about being tired and DD was getting sh*tty so I got up and gave her breakfast and made myself a coffee.
    Older two got up at 7.30am and gave me hugs (they do every morning) and made themselves brekkie.
    H made an appearance at 8.30am, made himself a coffee and sat down at his laptop.
    At 9 I asked him to take DD so I could shower (again he had said he would do this as it was Mothers Day and usually she comes in with me), he said 'sure'.
    Off I went and next thing DD is screaming at the side to get in, so I call H- nothing- call kids and they tell him and he says 'well she's already there now'. So I strip her and pull her in with me, rush through my shower before she hits the ceiling and wants to get out again.
    Shower, dry and dress in 5 mins, DD screams to get out so turn shower off and get her out and dry and dressed.
    Lay her on bed with milk while I brush my hair and chuck it in a ponytail.

Tell older two to get dressed as we need to leave in 15 to get to PILs. Tell H to get in the shower, he says 'in a minute'.
    Finally gets in the shower and gets dressed, while I tackle 3 kids and get bags ready, and put MIL's gift in car.

Myself and kids are in car, it's 10.30 we were supposed to be at MILs at 10... still have to drop a gift to my aunt which is 45 away, so I tell her we will do it after 3 as we are running late, she is cool with that as slept in.

Get to MILs at 11, she is cranky even after I apologise. She goes off and I calmly say, "speak to your son". He walked in and said Happy Mother's Day to her and then went to watch tv. Still nothing to me.
    Kids then wish me the same in horror. I thank them and give them big hugs.
    We stay until 3pm, H makes an appearance to eat and effs off again.
    On leaving MIL gives me a big hug and apologises and wishes me a good day, and thanks me for the gift (gorgeous orchid arrangement).

Drop gift at aunt's.

Home at 5pm. Ask H if he is going to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and he just looks at me and says 'yeah Happy Mother's Day' and goes back to his laptop.
    Take DD to get dinner. Hear kids go into him and ask for my gift to give to me, he says he doesn't know where it is. I have to go get it, put it on their bed and pretend I know nothing about it and make sure they don't see me do it.
    They come out and give me the gift, with a coffee and big hugs. We go out and spend time in the garden.
    DD bath and bed.
    I make dinner for everyone and put laundry on.
    Kids watch tv while I clean up.

Tuck kids into bed, H comes along for this bit.
    Sit on couch with a coffee and he says "Did you have a good day? Did you like your gift?"
    I looked at him and said "Why was today a special day? What did I get?"
    He couldn't answer- he hadn't even looked at what I handed him.

So, not only was it a typical Sunday in that he did eff all, it was a supremely disappointing Mother's Day.

Monday morning DSD came up to me and said "I want to say sorry", I said for what, and she replied, "for my dad. It would have been better if he was at work all day."
    My heart broke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Cr*p.

I bought myself earring to match the necklace I got last year, and gave them to H to give to the kids for me.
    Got woken up with a punch from DD at 6.30 am. Attempted to wake H as he had said I could 'sleep in' and he would get up with her. He mumbled about being tired and DD was getting sh*tty so I got up and gave her breakfast and made myself a coffee.
    Older two got up at 7.30am and gave me hugs (they do every morning) and made themselves brekkie.
    H made an appearance at 8.30am, made himself a coffee and sat down at his laptop.
    At 9 I asked him to take DD so I could shower (again he had said he would do this as it was Mothers Day and usually she comes in with me), he said 'sure'.
    Off I went and next thing DD is screaming at the side to get in, so I call H- nothing- call kids and they tell him and he says 'well she's already there now'. So I strip her and pull her in with me, rush through my shower before she hits the ceiling and wants to get out again.
    Shower, dry and dress in 5 mins, DD screams to get out so turn shower off and get her out and dry and dressed.

Tell older two to get dressed as we need to leave in 15 to get to PILs. Tell H to get in the shower, he says 'in a minute'.
    Finally gets in the shower and gets dressed, while I tackle 3 kids and get bags ready, and put MIL's gift in car.

Myself and kids are in car, it's 10.30 we were supposed to be at MILs at 10... still have to drop a gift to my aunt which is 45 away, so I tell her we will do it after 3 as we are running late, she is cool with that as slept in.

Get to MILs at 11, she is cranky even after I apologise. She goes off and I calmly say, "speak to your son". He walked in and said Happy Mother's Day to her and then went to watch tv. Still nothing to me.
    On leaving MIL gives me a big hug and apologises and wishes me a good day, and thanks me for the gift (gorgeous orchid arrangement).

Drop gift at aunt's.

Home at 5pm. Ask H if he is going to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and he just looks at me and says 'yeah Happy Mother's Day' and goes back to his laptop.
    Take DD to get dinner. Hear kids go into him and ask for my gift to give to me, he says he doesn't know where it is. I have to go get it, put it on their bed and pretend I know nothing about it and make sure they don't see me do it.
    They come out and give me the gift, with a coffee and big hugs. We go out and spend time in the garden.
    DD bath and bed.

Sit on couch with a coffee and he says "Did you have a good day? Did you like your gift?"

So, not only was it a typical Sunday in that he did eff all, it was a supremely disappointing Mother's Day.

Monday morning DSD came up to me and said "I want to say sorry", I said for what, and she replied, "for my dad. It would have been better if he was at work all day."
    My heart broke.
    Oh that's so sad. At least the kids were amazing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

DT75  (17-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cr*p.

Drop gift at aunt's.

DD bath and bed.

My heart broke.
    Wow that is a ****ty Mother's Day. If fact it's a ****ty Sunday in general if that's the way things are all the time. Have you spoken to your husband about his general lack of interest?

Sounds like you have a couple of really sweet stepkids though that love you very much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you keep the step kids and ditch the husband?

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Californication  (17-05-2017),Chippa  (17-05-2017),DT75  (17-05-2017),Frankenmum  (17-05-2017),Full House  (18-05-2017),gingermillie  (17-05-2017),JR03  (18-05-2017),magicmashie  (17-05-2017),smallpotatoes  (18-05-2017),SuperGranny  (17-05-2017),witherwings  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD who is nearly 18 bought me a pair of Boots cause i keep borrowing hers and a necklace, but most precious of all she gave me organic coffee scrub that shed made herself.
    I was so chuffed cause i havent got the hand made gifts since primary school.
    My DSS didnt let my DH leave the jewellery store without the bangle that hed picked so i got a gorgeous two toned gold bangle and a beautiful arora figuerine of love.
    And a beautiful bunch of flowers.
    Yep was spoilt

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nilza79 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (17-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmashie View Post
    Wow that is a ****ty Mother's Day. If fact it's a ****ty Sunday in general if that's the way things are all the time. Have you spoken to your husband about his general lack of interest?

Sounds like you have a couple of really sweet stepkids though that love you very much
    Yep, repeatedly. He says it's his only time to unwind. I say 'when is my time'. I have told him I am not going this weekend and he can take all three kids himself.
    He doesn't usually ignore us as much, but he does just spend the 6 hours at PILs in front of the tv "with" his dad and brother. Their mum sees nothing wrong with it every other time but expects them to be different on Mother's Day...
    I don't really care about the fact that he doesn't really spend time with us their but wishing me a Happy Mother's Day takes less than 5 seconds.
    @Wise Enough yeah the kids are great. Unfortunately not yet, but we are looking into adoption so maybe later

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (17-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cr*p.

My heart broke.
    Sorry but it breaks my heart to know that his dd knows how terribly he treats you and takes you for granted. He needs a giant wake up call.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

magicmashie  (18-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    Sorry but it breaks my heart to know that his dd knows how terribly he treats you and takes you for granted. He needs a giant wake up call.
    It was a lot worse until 3 months ago when he started seeing a counsellor.
    It's slow-going but getting there. My go to is "one day DSD will be dating. Do you want her to think this is ok? to be treated this was?" Made him realise a few things.