+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A fairly normal sunday. Made pancakes and went and saw mil, did some shopping then took kids to the park and got tale away for dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was rubbish! I worked all day. My mum cracked the sh!ts that I was working and not at their family do (even though I told her I would be working and she organized it anyway and then expected me to cancel work). I asked my DH to take her gift over and she didn't even open it and hasn't bothered to say thank you. I'm pretty annoyed about all that tbh. She didn't give a toss that I was spending MY Mother's Day working it was all about her
    Got home from work buggered and DH had a workmate over (who at least bought us takeaway so I didn't have to cook!) and dd spent an hour physically recoiling if I went near her
    So meh not a special day. I at least got an absolutely beautiful card from DH and dd and they went shopping together and bought me a cyclamen which was thoughtful I just wish I could have spent the day at home!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How was your Mothers Day?

Last edited by granny1; 15-05-2017 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was beautiful and low key. An early breakfast with my mum, then a cruisy day with my kids playing board games and cuddling on the lounge watching netflix together with my new slippers on. Nothing fancy...just lovely, low key family time. My kids bickered, I still did chores (as did hubby) because that's life and we don't get caught up in high expectations, or expect to be lavished with gifts. It was just nice slowing down for a day and enjoying family time together without feeling like we had to rush off to the next thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine was a mixed bag.

Woke up at 2 am with vomiting and a headache which meant I missed ds2 singing a song he wrote for me infront of the whole Church. I also missed my extended family mothers day and my birthday celebration lunch.
    By the 3 in afternoon I started to feel better. Dh made sure I never had to lift a finger the whole day, not even to get a drink.
    So I spend the day watching marathon tv series on my apps using my new fancy pants Bluetooth headphones the dh and kids got me for my birthday.
    Dd1 rang in the afternoon and we had a lovely chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first bub isn't due for a few weeks but I was still made to feel special! Hubby made a card from our dog and baby and inside was a homemade cheque for the exact amount I'd spent on Saturday arvo buying a new food processor! It was quite funny. I was also pleasantly surprised with friends who messaged to say happy Mother's Day to me even though bub is still inside me! ❤️ I can't wait for next year. Hubby gets to experience Father's Day this year so I'll have to find a way to make his first one special

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had a lovely day. Received a new tea pot which I tested out. Then DD and DH and I went to the butterfly house followed by a 2km hike up to a waterfall. The hike was a little ambitious and there were a few tears from the 3 year old. Overall a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was great. Coffee bought to me in bed, breakfast out with DF and DD, chilled at home with DF watching a movie while DD napped, then visited my parents. I got a corny coffee mug picked out by DD and a card. Perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How was your Mothers Day?

I worked all day, didn't get a card from dd which was kind of really upset about, silly I know but shes nearly 10 and knows all about Mother's Day. Thought she might make one while I I was at work all day but no. Annoyed the other adults in her life didn't encourage her to either.
    ds had made me a cute card card at school on Friday though. Saturday I took myself and kids out for dinner. Didn't get to see my own mum as she lives a few hours away but I called her on my break. And another woman I work with was having a sh!tty Mother's Day too so she got us out some pav wth whipped cream and peppermint crisps, and we ate that and b!tched together, that was the highlight lol. So yeah nothing special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Mine was great - more like a 3 day event! DS had a Mother's Day performance and morning tea at school on Friday, they sang a song that went something like "she gave me life, she loves me always, like only a mother can" cue 60 blubbering mums!
    Saturday night my sister and I took my mum out for dinner then to gold glass movies and yesterday I had a sleep in until 10am and was woken with a giant bunch of flowers, coffee and warm Italian ricotta donuts! DS brought me some little heart earrings from our Mother's Day stall and he (and DH!) bought me a rose gold watch I was eyeing off! Then we went out to lunch, stopped in at mums for afternoon tea and relaxed all afternoon/night - I'm very lucky
    What an amazing weekend! Jelly!!