+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default How was your Mothers Day?

Mine was ok.

We were very tired as it was an exhausting day on Saturday, so spent the day just relaxing.

DH had made me a special dinner the night before, which was lovely.

DD had a friend sleep over, and in the morning the kids wanted pancakes. They offered to make them, but I still had to cook them ... so no breakfast made for me.

Still was a lovely day and I am incredibly lucky with a great DH who appreciates me, and a gorgeous DD who is my world

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had a quite day at home, got a few chores done, and then went out for dinner at a local tavern. Mother's Day is very low key affair here. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was up the same time as everyone. Kids brought me in their little homemade gifts from school. Then I got up and I was unstacking the dishwasher while hubby made breakfast. Then we got stuck into normal weekend stuff. 3 loads of washing, cleaning, housework etc. then I made a big beef pie for dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mine was great - more like a 3 day event! DS had a Mother's Day performance and morning tea at school on Friday, they sang a song that went something like "she gave me life, she loves me always, like only a mother can" cue 60 blubbering mums!
    Saturday night my sister and I took my mum out for dinner then to gold glass movies and yesterday I had a sleep in until 10am and was woken with a giant bunch of flowers, coffee and warm Italian ricotta donuts! DS brought me some little heart earrings from our Mother's Day stall and he (and DH!) bought me a rose gold watch I was eyeing off! Then we went out to lunch, stopped in at mums for afternoon tea and relaxed all afternoon/night - I'm very lucky

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was my 1st mothers day & it was perfect even though i was still up at 6am with 10 month old DD, she went back down at 8.30 (she had a late night the night before) so i went back to bed with her lol when she woke DH got up with her while i had an extra half hr lay in then they made me coffee. We had bbq lunch with mil, my 2 sils, my mum & all the kids so the boys cooked & cleaned while us mums ate & did nothing (for a change lol) i have waited a long time for my 1st mothers day & even though DH didn't buy me anything (we are going to bali in 3 days for our 1st family holiday & will celebrate my birthday there too )my gorgeous girl is the best present by far ❤
    Last edited by Butterflybabe; 15-05-2017 at 13:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was mostly good. My DS1 and 2 made me a coffee in bed, then bought in all their school made and bought treasures and cards. I'm a single mum but ExDH had organised a gift voucher and card for the kids to give me. My DS1 went out on his bike before I got up an pinched me some roses from the neighbours garden ..they were beautiful and smelled divine. We then went for a buffet breaky at the local Yacht Cluch, with anther solo mumma and her kids, the and a stroll by the river and visit to my SIL. Then home, a long Skype chat with my mum.
    Downside - my boys bickered and fought all afternoon! They just cant seem to hold it together for just one day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine was fine, though pretty uneventful.

I'm celebrating this weekend instead, because I wanted to go to a particular restaurant for a nice lunch, but knew it would be flat-out busy/booked out on Mother's Day. My mum will come too and we'll celebrate as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine was good, no effort from me which was great! Breakfast at home, just cereal, but my 4yo made me go and get back into bed and eat it chilled morning at home, did a few light chores with hubby doing most of what needed to be done, then out for lunch with ILs. Then over to my parents house where we had Thai; it was great that none of the mums had to do any cooking all day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was perfect! Lay in bed for 2 hours while I watched netflix, was served breakfast in bed and I got showered in gifts and snuggles. DH spent 45 mins perfecting the bacon for my bacon and egg burgers, bless him!

Then swimming lessons and then we took the kids to an indoor play centre where DH supervised while I looked around the shops. Then home to put DS down for a nap and I went to bed and watched more netflix. I then went for a run. Then skyped my mum. Dinner was my favourite that I hadnt eaten in ages - pizza!!

I didnt lift a finger all day. It was incredibly cruisy, lovely dat

11. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely cruisey day here. I gave the 4yr old $20 + dropped him + dh at the shops to buy me a present while I did the groceries on Sat 😄. Had a sleep in and cereal in bed and snuggles and movies on the couch with leftovers for dinner.