+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hard fall while running :(

Hi there, I'm five weeks pregnant. This morning I went for an easy run and tripped over... I fell really hard, mainly onto my knees and my left hip. I've also grazed my left elbow, but don't feel as though I put much pressure on my stomach. My left knee is bleeding quite a bit and both knees are extremely sore to bend. I felt a bit sick when it first happened, but now feel fine. Is there likely to be any harm done to the baby? I realise it's very small at the moment and will definitely see my doctor if I have any bleeding or cramping. I have a dating and heartbeat scan booked in a couple of weeks, but would love a bit of peace of mind before then. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I'm sorry to hear you had a fall, that's quite scary. Being so early, your womb is still hidden down below your pelvic bone - so it's unlikely there's any harm done. However as you say, any cramping or bleeding do go straight away to your doctor. Meanwhile get some rest and try not to be too anxious about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Baby is down very low and well protected at the moment. Good idea to keep an eye on any bleeding or cramping but I wouldn't worry. I hope your other injuries heal quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is lots of protection around bub at 5 weeks so chances are you and Bub will be fine. If any continuing unusual sickness or any cramping or bleeding then definitely go speak to your GP but otherwise, give yourself a couple of days off to recover.

I fell off a horse (luckily it was a little one) when I was almost 12 weeks with bub 1 and she was fine. Me, not so much! The bruise and graze on my hip and thigh were bloody huge!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your replies, ladies! I will definitely take it easy for a few days and maybe just stick to walking and swimming, or gentle running on grass in future! I haven't had a running stack in years, so can't believe that it happened now of all times! Tripped over the tiniest little rise in the ground whilst off in my own little world I've apologised to bub, so hopefully he/she has forgiven me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch! Glad your bub was okay Baby Girl! I can relate... my knees are grazed and killing me, and it's all I can do to get up and down the stairs. Funny how your first instinct is to care about the bub though... I think that's why I grazed my hip, as I instinctively side-rolled to try and avoid my stomach as much as possible