+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    @yadot - we've got some free reward charts you can download and print-off - saves you some money and the effort of going to the shops! https://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blo...ilet-training/

There's a quick bit on regression here as well - has there been a major stress recently at all? https://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blo...-and-setbacks/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

yadot  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hun you're only human. We all wish we were perfect parents but we still lose it sometimes.

Agree with Candico, if I've lost it with my girls I lie with them and explain mummy was wrong and I sorry and ask their forgiveness. I think it's also showing them how to handle it when they have behaved in a way that wasn't great.

My DD2 toilet trained at 20 months. She was dropping her nappy and just laying down a turd where ever she was so I had to toilet train her. She nailed it. About 6 months on she regressed and we pushed through. She probably regresses every 6 months. I don't know why.

Meanwhile my 5yo has regressed so far we now have a referral for the urology department at the children's hospital.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

yadot  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't really have any advice just want to say don't be hard on yourself!! Poo on brand new carpet would make anyone yell!

If you notice he needs to go but he refuses, how about then making him just hang in the bathroom? It's not a punishment, it's just a natural consequence. Like you could matter of factly just explain- "if poo is ready to come out then we need to be in the bathroom. When you feel ready you can sit on the toilet. We can't poo on our toys or the floor. We can't play until poo has come out." Then just sit in there with him, bored but calm, until he relents?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

yadot  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    I don't really have any advice just want to say don't be hard on yourself!! Poo on brand new carpet would make anyone yell!

If you notice he needs to go but he refuses, how about then making him just hang in the bathroom? It's not a punishment, it's just a natural consequence. Like you could matter of factly just explain- "if poo is ready to come out then we need to be in the bathroom. When you feel ready you can sit on the toilet. We can't poo on our toys or the floor. We can't play until poo has come out." Then just sit in there with him, bored but calm, until he relents?
    yep this! if you are 100% sure that he needs to go, just go hang out in the bathroom. I had a nice comfy seat on the toilet for mine, and would either let them play the ipad or just sit on a chair there with them and sing songs until it happened. The singing was great it distacted them from thinking about going to the toilet and then it would just happen. Good luck!
    Oh and I agree with the others ie the yelling. Yeah not ideal, but ask him to forgive you and forgive yourself and move on
    If he is ok about going back into nappies, and you're happy to start from scratch later, then that is also an option, but it sounds like neither of you really want to do that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Lilahh  (16-05-2017),yadot  (15-05-2017)