+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mother's Day

Omg @ncw I can't understand why someone would behave this way but I suppose everyone has their reasons.. I really hope he can reflect on his behaviour and see how this has upset you. You are not his mother but you are the mother to his precious children!!!!!

Your daughter sounds wonderful by the way.. you have obviously raised her to be one thoughtful little girl

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

magicmashie  (16-05-2017)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yep I would be very upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would be having a stern chat with him and asking him how he would feel if you acted like that on Father's Day.
    Then remind him that it it Mother's Day and not My Mother's Day- we celebrate ALL mothers, not just our own.

Tw*t.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (15-05-2017),smallpotatoes  (15-05-2017),SuperGranny  (15-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (16-05-2017),turquoisecoast  (15-05-2017)

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel very sad for you, and I would most certainly leave Fathers Day alone. He is also not your Father, so he can just go Jump. He needs to think about other people sometimes, the world actually doesn't revolve around him. hugs, marie.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (15-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (16-05-2017),turquoisecoast  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not all men are like this. This is not normal behaviour. He is being selfish, and if he can't understand he should at least care about you enough to make the effort for something you clearly care about. It's not a tough concept.

My kids are 4 and 2, obviously incapable of shopping for me or cooking for me - and also completely oblivious to important days without being told - so my husband took them shopping, and took us out for breakfast on Mother's Day. Not because I am his mother, but because he wants me to feel special on a special day. That's what being in a relationship is about.

I'm sorry you weren't shown the love and appreciation you deserve. On the upside, it sounds like you are raising a lovely, caring daughter.

I wouldn't be letting this slide with hubby. Sorry if I'm coming across a bit strong, but I hate reading posts like this and when other people back it up saying something like "men just don't get it", like it's normal. It's not all men, it's just jerk men, and you deserve better.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shethewolf For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-05-2017),BettyV  (16-05-2017),magicmashie  (16-05-2017),Redcorset  (16-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shethewolf View Post
    Not all men are like this. This is not normal behaviour. He is being selfish, and if he can't understand he should at least care about you enough to make the effort for something you clearly care about. It's not a tough concept.

My kids are 4 and 2, obviously incapable of shopping for me or cooking for me - and also completely oblivious to important days without being told - so my husband took them shopping, and took us out for breakfast on Mother's Day. Not because I am his mother, but because he wants me to feel special on a special day. That's what being in a relationship is about.

I'm sorry you weren't shown the love and appreciation you deserve. On the upside, it sounds like you are raising a lovely, caring daughter.

I wouldn't be letting this slide with hubby. Sorry if I'm coming across a bit strong, but I hate reading posts like this and when other people back it up saying something like "men just don't get it", like it's normal. It's not all men, it's just jerk men, and you deserve better.
    i would go so far as to say most men are not like this. sorry OP but he sounds like a terrible person.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

magicmashie  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's horrible. Is he always this selfish? Surely he could have helped your daughter make you a cup of tea and some toast without being a complete ****.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmashie View Post
    Wow that's horrible. Is he always this selfish? Surely he could have helped your daughter make you a cup of tea and some toast without being a complete ****.
    When we first started dating then got married a little but nothing big, but once we had our 1st child 5 yes ago it just gets worse and worse. This is the first Mother's Day he has ever been like this. On the Saturday night he was fine and wanted to go for dinner, but then something just snapped and he just started having a go at me about petty things. Which then carried into the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ncw View Post
    When we first started dating then got married a little but nothing big, but once we had our 1st child 5 yes ago it just gets worse and worse. This is the first Mother's Day he has ever been like this. On the Saturday night he was fine and wanted to go for dinner, but then something just snapped and he just started having a go at me about petty things. Which then carried into the next day.
    I'd definitely be having a talk to him about it and not letting it slide like shethewolf said.

Even if he was annoyed at you for something completely unrelated from the day before he still should have sucked it up and helped your daughter make you breakfast. Mother's Day is exciting for kids too, they want to do something special for their Mum's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be hurt and upset. My DH was at work and hadn't planned to be home for lunch with my Mum as we were just having lunch at home. My Mum decided to take me (and the kids out) and hey presto DH turns up. As a toast was being given to the mums he responded with "and here's to the husbands that support them". I was crushed for so many reasons. They don't seem to have any idea how hurtful their actions and words are. I'm so sorry your DH was such a .