+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mother's Day

Just after some opinions. So on Mother's Day morning I heard my 5 yr old say to my husband that she wanted to make me breakfast in bed because it's Mother's Day and if he could help her? He snapped back at her "No, she isn't my mother!". Firstly I was deverstated because I heard her say in the week she wanted to do this and secondly, it hurt to hear him say this. I got up and offered to help her then go back to bed so her and her 2 younger brothers could bring it in but she said no. Now, I have every little right to be a bit hurt? Yes he lost his mum back in 2004 and I could never imagine how much that must hurt still but I thought he would help cos they are our children and I'm their mum.I was also thinking, that every Father's Day I think of a present he would like and something meaningful of the kids from them and we do what ever he wants. Yet Mother's Day is always just same as any other day, and anything I asked to do today, we didn't. We did what he wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Excuse my French but what an ***.
    It's not about his mother, it's about parenting his daughter.

His own daughter needed help to what she thought was a proper celebration of her mother. He should have helped and put aside whatever feeling.

Can't believe this, I feel so sad for your daughter. What a little gem to be as caring with her mum x

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (15-05-2017),Mod-DJ Nette  (15-05-2017),smallpotatoes  (15-05-2017),Stephie91  (15-05-2017),SuperGranny  (15-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some men just don't seem to get it at all and this really sucks when you go out of your way to make them have special days. Until your children are old enough to do it on their own they need him to help them. Yes you are not his mum but you are the mother of his children and that should be celebrated and it is also teaching your children good family values. I don't get that much for Mother's Day and what I do get now has taken mlong time for my DH to do. I have spent many Mother's Day with nothing (also birthdays and Christmases) my first Mother's Day was one of my worst as I had a newborn and got nothing. my baby and I were being discharged from hospital and the salvos came to the rescue and gave me a Tissue paper flower thank god for the salvos, thank god they care lol.
    This year was one of the better ones as my prep girl got me something from the Mother's Day stall at school and DH with the other children got chocolates and a cake from Woolies and he went and picked take away up for dinner (I had to order it still).

I think you have every right to be hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Every year without fail on mothers day my DH utters the 'but youre not my mother'
    Im so over it and it annoys me endlessly.
    Once again i gave our girls money for the stall at school and brought a gift for DS to give me cause he isnt at school yet.

I wish i could do the reverse to him on fathers day so he can see how it feels but i wouldnt do it to the kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel sad your you and your daughter. Sound like a ********... And a selfish one at that. I am a single mummy with a 2 yr old so didn't get anything from my little one.. But my mum did however get me a lovely card and came to visit so we could all spend a nice day together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good Lord I would be freaking ropable. How awful for your sweet little girl! Such a soul crushing thing to do to her, he should be encouraging her beautiful spirit and desire to do something nice for you...for anyone!

I would have had trouble containing myself tbh....devastated for you and your DD 😢

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's awful
    *Hugs*
    I've never bought the whole "she is not my mother" because Mother's Day is about celebrating mother's in general and not just your own. You are the mother of his children and hope you enjoyed the company of your little ones regardless of his behavior.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (15-05-2017),SuperGranny  (15-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, makes me feel better that I'm not over reacting. He asked me last night what was wrong and told him how it hurt to hear him say that to her and that about me. He just snapped back again "well your aren't my Mother!". I tried to to explain to him well she is 5 and asked for help and I'm still her mum but he just cut me off and started to ask what do I do for Father's Day but I think he realised and just walked off.
    Sorry for the rant but I don't really have anyone to talk to and this is the icing on the cake for me. One of my nan's passed away the other month and he even made me feel guilty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ncw View Post
    Thanks ladies, makes me feel better that I'm not over reacting. He asked me last night what was wrong and told him how it hurt to hear him say that to her and that about me. He just snapped back again "well your aren't my Mother!". I tried to to explain to him well she is 5 and asked for help and I'm still her mum but he just cut me off and started to ask what do I do for Father's Day but I think he realised and just walked off.
    Sorry for the rant but I don't really have anyone to talk to and this is the icing on the cake for me. One of my nan's passed away the other month and he even made me feel guilty.
    Would he react the same way when/if your daughter ask for help to wrap a gift for your birthday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    your husband is an as$hole. sorry.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (15-05-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (15-05-2017)