+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    How much are you willing to spend?
    Not much, haha! Budget is pretty tight, but was going to get something for mothers day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is use witch hazel to remove makeup/clean face then a skin doctors moisturizer for my face. Other than that I use body butter on the rest of my body. I used to be so much better a few years ago but I slacked off, after seeing my aging face I've started back gradually.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use garnier 3in1 cleanser. A dermaglocica pumice scrub, Nivea day and night cream. I've also used the Aldi products which I've found quite good aswell. I also have a microdermabrasion facial every 8 weeks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goto skincare face hero to even skin tone!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Skin Care

My two cents
    I use a micellar water to remove makeup - twice if makeup is heavy.
    I've tried the garnier one but it's not as good as the bioderma one which I love and a $40 bottle lasted me months.
    Then apply a moisturiser.
    Once a week a mask.
    I don't use harsh exfoliants or scrubs. I find they make redness worse and irritate any blemishes I have.
    I use a dermalogica exfoliant once a week in the shower that isn't harsh or grainy.

I avoid anything foaming as I find it makes dry areas drier and encourages more oil.

If I'm not using micellar water I use a Lancôme cleanser - it's milky and easy to apply and wipe off. If you don't like residue you can use in the shower and wash off.

I love Lancôme hydra zen moisturiser. Clinique do a similar one called Moisture Surge.

To buy a micellar water and and moisturiser might cost $100 but it lasts months.

If you want to try a more premium product without the price tag, maybe wait until Clinique, Lancôme or Estée Lauder have a gift with purchase that includes a skin care item. The last one I bought had a full size cleanser in it. So I just bought a moisturiser.
    Or go to a department store and ask for samples from a few counters. Samples usually have enough for maybe 5 days worth.

I know these might be out of price range but I've wasted $$$ over the years buying skin care from the supermarket just to throw them away. I've never found one that works for me. But if you can that's great. And there's been some good suggestions in the thread so far.

ETA - myer has a gift with purchase now that has a full sized cleanser in it. And they have afterpay now. Dangerous!
    Last edited by TheGooch; 14-05-2017 at 19:32.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017),Phia  (30-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to use mostly natural regimes/products as much as possible! For a daily moisturizer I use jojoba oil or coconut oil which keeps my skin nice and hydrated. I also recently started taking a whole food beauty supplement powder by a company called Love Beauty Foods (I think they're made in Australia) So far I've felt like my skin has felt and looked brighter and I've also felt less bloated. Definitely recommend a natural solution to avoid more damaging chemicals from leaching into your body

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clairepalmer11 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use EMK Beverly Hills products. A tad expensive especially the rescue serum and creams but I think they're worth it. I ran out of serum and creams but the cleanser and toner and alpha mask, I still have. To think that I bought the package in November. Also love their sunscreen!!! It's not sticky at all.
    Because I ran out of EMK creams and I liked the print on the gift with purchase by Lancôme (the cosmetic bag & mirror have got Paris prints on it), I got one. I just tried the sample for Renergie Multilift and bloody hell, I won't use it again. It is sitting on my skin at this very moment like a grease.
    I don't know actually if I am able to sleep with the product on. Lol! I might wash it off.
    EMK products don't feel like this at all. I swear! They're absorbed by the skin and doesn't give you this greasy feeling!
    The way to buy it is to buy a set/package. Not individual products. I am still broke lol! so cannot afford to get the serums and creams but will get these products once I can afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Skin Care

Another thing that makes a difference is to double cleanse.
    I do use with my EMK Facial Cleanser the BodyShop Seaweed Deep cleansing gel (which is out of stock by the way, I think in the whole of Australia if I'm not mistaken!). Hanging for it to come back in stock.

edit: EMK products don't have parabens and are fragrance free and also safe to use during pregnancy. I am no spokesperson for the brand, just one who started using it in November last year. I would like to get the rescue serum, optima cream, supra cream and the eye gel/cream again when I can afford it. And definitely the sunscreen!!!! If you want to see it to believe, buy the sunscreen first. I just like the plain one not the tinted one. You won't regret it. It can sit under your makeup, grease free.
    Last edited by chook1; 14-05-2017 at 22:50. Reason: Addtl info

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chook1 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bio-Pacific. Created by a beauty therapist in industry for over 30 years who is also a chemist and developed the range herself. Very affordable and it WORKS.

Best of all it's Australian made and owned (Brisbane), ingredients are sourced in Australia (some of which are certified organic) and not tested on animals.
    Last edited by Mrs Tickle; 30-05-2017 at 02:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't wear make up but I use skinstitut.