+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Skin Care

What do you use for skin care? I'm terrible and have only been using make up remover wipes for years now, I'm so lazy! But that needs to change as my skin is terrible now.

I'd love any reccomendations you might have for evening tone, minimising pores and reducing fine lines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i use eye makeup remover and makeup wipes to get most of the makeup off. then i'll do a fine cleansing scrub or just a cleanser to get rid of all the traces of makeup. finally i lather on a ton of moisturizer. my skin is normal to dry. i've been told i have great skin, no wrinkles and it looks nice and soft etc although all i see when i look at it is an uneven tone and dark circles (naturally like that unfortunately).

i used to use clarins day and night creams but it was so expensive and i switched to that nivea cream in the blue tub. it's as good as the $$$ stuff! i swear by it!

try avoiding the makeup wipes as they contain alcohol which could be contributing to fine lines etc. it could also be worth going to get your skin assessed although whoever does it will try and flog you their products. but it could be a start to at least identifying products that work for your skin.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Firstly what is your skin type? How does it feel? Dry patches?Oily? Pores? Wrinkles? Dehydrated?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Skin Care

@Frankenmum depends on your skin type re products. I always find the less i do to my skin, the better it is.

I use QV to cleanse my face whenever i need to remove makeup or have been dirty and sweaty. And i moisturise with nutrogena sensitive or olay sensitive as they are nice and gentle, easily absorbed and non greasy.

ETA. The most important thing is starting from the inside out. Plenty of water, a balanced diet and sunscreen when in the sun is key.
    Last edited by MrsMummaButterfly; 14-05-2017 at 07:21.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Skin Care

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've used QV gentle wash for years (avail at chemists). I used to use QV moisturiser, I now use Aveeno with SPF in it in the day. I've used a range of thicker moisturisers at night. I try to keep it simple but aim for moisturised skin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've used bio pacific products for about 10 years now. I love love love it. Its Australian owned and natural the founder doesn't use chemicals and I've spoken to her about her products before she is lovely. Have a look they are well worth the price and last so long as you don't need much!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017),Mrs Tickle  (30-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I change my skin care products a bit as I really like trying new products and buying what's on special.

I tend to use a moisturising foam cleanser (I like Neutrogena Hydro Boost, Simple or QV), a rich but absorbing face moisturiser (Simple make a good one, I have Sukin at the moment which I like too), and a Natio night cream.

For exfoliation I use Nip + Fab gycolic pads, which I find more effective than facial scrubs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Firstly what is your skin type? How does it feel? Dry patches?Oily? Pores? Wrinkles? Dehydrated?
    Combination normal and oily. Oily t-zone. No dry patches. Large pores on nose & chin. Fine lines on forehead and around eyes.

ETA - and sooo many blemishes around chin and neck at the moment 😣 Definitely caused by hormones, but si frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much are you willing to spend?

I am dry/dehydrated. I use a cream cleanser but have a clarisonic for exfoliation.

Look only for creams for combo skin. If you use masks - clay are good but only use in the oily/pores area if the rest of yoir face is normal.

Tea tree is a good option for blemishes for something a little more natural.

Look into using oils/serums. Especially for fine lines.

Exfoliate. Either chemical exfoliation or physical.

Avene have good gentle products but can be expensive - their acne range is good too.

Make sure you still hydrate your oily skin.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (14-05-2017)