+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For DS, I had to pay for the individual shots which were printed 5x7, then extra for the class shot, then and extra $30 for the digital files. It ended up being $70. They're beautiful photos and they got smiles out of him even though he was upset. But they did edit them more than necessary. I can understand a slight adjustment of colour if the lighting is a bit off or whatever, but no more than that it necessary.

I got the digital files because we don't have a scanner and I knew that our family would all want photos.

If I could have had just one individual shot and the class shot, I would have done that and paid less. I paid less than $400 for 30 photos for our newborn shoot, and they are beautiful (admittedly my options here are limited, and I probably would have paid more back home with slightly better quality). I feel like $70 for 5 photos for day care shots is excessive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

3littlekittens  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At our preschool sessions you could order an album with 5 photos and a group photo for $55(think individually they were like $10 each, $5 for group and the album was a bonus for this deal). You got to choose from an online gallery by the deadline or photog would choose. I think you could order one photo/group shot separately but you didn't get a choice on photo. She was a professional photographer, she actually shot my sisters wedding and is known locally not a amateur. I still would have been reluctant to spend more than that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    If I'm going to pay for premium photos, I want them to be family photos, not just a photo of one child.
    I think this sums up my feeling on this.

Also I don't see much point to a 'class photo' in daycare. Lots of kids go on different days etc. I never bother with it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely would not want them edited. If there's professional lighting and photography the photo should look fine. You want a memory of what the child looks like at that time.

Definitely no child care photo but for kindy/pre-school I'd be happy paying $40ish for class photo and one individual photo in a range of sizes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    If you've purchased a larger premium package, what was behind your choice?
    We paid for the premium package because it was the only option that allowed us to have the digital negatives. That, and the standard of the photography was really high. My DS is really photogenic and we just fell in love with the images. It would have been hard to pick just one of the photos (we got 8 different proofs), as they were all keepers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    So everyone who has responded so far seems to have a preference for a budget/basic offering. Anyone out there who actually appreciates a more premium offering and the opportunity to get studio quality shots? If you've purchased a larger premium package, what was behind your choice?
    For me, I got a whole bunch of different photos of DS - i think there may have been 4-5 different shots? It was also beautifully presented in a book. Thats what made it worth it as opposed to paying $30 for just one pic.

Poor DS hasnt got as many pics as DD so I really liked that I got the opportunity to get multiple good quality pics of him

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regarding studio style sessions for day care, I don't think it would be possible in a day care setting. The volume of kids to be photographed is huge and there wouldn't be time to have a proper session with multiple poses. Not to mention the whole building is usually in uproar on photo days and the kids crying and upset as a result. The day care photographers have a wonderful knack of getting the photo as quickly as they can and upsetting your kids as little as possible.