+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Oh god, you've had to do this twice??
    Yes, both stillborn unfortunately. Still tears me up to this day, I remember every moment vividly. I hope you have a lot of support @Simil, it's a very very rough hand to be dealt. Thinking of you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Simil  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default what can i expect in delivering at 15 weeks...

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Yes, both stillborn unfortunately. Still tears me up to this day, I remember every moment vividly. I hope you have a lot of support @Simil, it's a very very rough hand to be dealt. Thinking of you.
    And now it looks like you have a beautiful bub. ❤️Its hope like this that helps. I know its hard and it will be hard but it will hopefully be worth it one day when i have a living child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simil View Post
    And now it looks like you have a beautiful bub. ❤️Its hope like this that helps. I know its hard and it will be hard but it will hopefully be worth it one day when i have a living child.
    Yes. Believe me, there were many years that I thought I would remain childless, made worse by the fact that I came so close. Never give up hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And don't ever forget, this child is still your child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Simil View Post
    A question for those who had to deliver with a an epidural: did you have to stay the night in hospital after the delivery?

If you didnt deliver with an epidural and used other drugs for pain management how soon were you discharged ?

Thanks everyone for all of your support.
    I had morphine, delivered around 5pm and was discharged by 9pm. At the time I had wanted to go home as soon as I was allowed, I was so drained and tired and just wanted my own bed, but as soon as I walked into the parking lot I wished I hadn't left and had chosen stay the night, I was really overwhelmed with fear and the panic of leaving her behind. I still wish I would have gone back for the night. Just be aware that you may not be as eager to leave as you think you will be. X

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am  (21-05-2017),Wise Enough  (21-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Very sorry I assumed you were referring to live births. I'll edit my post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Very sorry I assumed you were referring to live births. I'll edit my post.
    That's ok x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am  (21-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Simil , I've just read the latest update in your diary.

I can understand your pain and frustration

FWIW I found it hard to determine who was worse - the genetic counsellor or the actual geneticist we saw. The genetic counsellor pulled out an old book with diagrams and explanations along the lines "When a sperm meets an egg, blah blah". Yeah right.

The geneticist we saw was quite triumphant when she showed me photos of children from an online support group for children with my DD's chromosomal disorder. Would have been nice, except I had already contacted them, been referred to leading researcher in the area and sent all of my info off to them. The geneticist also made a really off comment along the lines of "I've never seen a child with X before and I wasn't expecting her to look so normal". She almost sounded disappointed that I hadn't presented her with baby with profound birth defects.

Pregnancy and not knowing exactly what her long term prognosis would be was the absolute worst. I hope you get some news this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im so sorry you are going through this. I had to terminate at 21 weeks for medical reasons. Bub was measuring around 16 weeks. I was induced. I went into it not wanting any drugs as I wanted a clear head but it was extremely painful and being induced it came on hard and fast. I ended up getting 2 shots of morphine and the pain was minimal after that. I cannot remember exactly but i think it took between 3-5 hrs before I had to push, that part wasn't painful at all and she was out in two pushes. She was extremely small. Please pm me if you have any other questions im happy to answer any at all or even if you just want someone to talk to who can relate to your situations. All the best hun, sending my love x

ETA- I was discharged the next day. I was with a public hospital which doesnt have the greatest reputation in my area but i cannot fault them. All staff were amazing, caring and sensitive to our situation. I was offered any drugs I wanted to relieve the pain and was able to stay longer if I wanted. I won't go into details but personally I wasn't prepared for what she would look like and it was quite shocking. She was 180gms and 15 cms.
    Last edited by melimum; 22-05-2017 at 15:35.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-05-2017),Simil  (22-05-2017)