+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, first of all I'm very sorry.

Pain wise they may give you a PCA which is what they gave me when I delivered at 20 weeks (stillbirth), google pca and it might be a bit better at explaining then I am, basically you press a button and the machine delivers a dose of narcotic through an Iv, you can only press it every couple of minutes (they will explain it all) to prevent overdoses etc.

I was laying down in bed when they induced me and after a few hours I felt like a liquid was coming out of me (like I needed to pee) but unfortunately standing up and going to the bathroom was a huge mistake as my baby actually came out when I did so...(didn't need to pee after all).

My son was 300 grams and about 20cms long. He was a perfectly formed little baby but very little. His skin was red like very prem babies are.

After about an hour of giving birth it was apparent the placenta wasn't going to come out and I had to go into surgery and have this done which I was given a spinal block although I begged them to give me a ga due to feeling traumatised from the past 24hrs they said the risk to my health was too great so just something to keep me calm and a spinal block.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope for the best possible outcome x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone
    @Hollyholightly81 private

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews

Default what can i expect in delivering at 15 weeks...

I'm so sorry to hear this @Simil. I had to give birth twice to my stillborn sons. My ob suggested a natural delivery was the best and safest option, and better for future pregnancies. I had an epidural for my first delivery (26 wks) and no epidural for my second (20 wks but measuring 15). I preferred the epidural personally, I felt no physical pain but the second time around it just felt like extreme period pain. I was induced and delivered on the same day both times. The placenta came out straight after. I was glad I took the option of delivery, although at the time I was absolutely terrified and angry that I'd have to go through this with no 'reward' at the end. I basically just went through the motions. No physical ill effects afterwards. Not sure of your emotional state, but it allowed me to have a physical connection with my boys. They took them away at first and allowed me the option to see them.
    ETA: they offered an epidural the second time too, I just decided not to take it. Take it if you feel the need, the emotional side is enough to have to deal with, like you said.
    Last edited by BB77; 10-05-2017 at 19:13.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-05-2017),Simil  (11-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry you're going through this. Sending strength x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Simil View Post
    Thanks everyone
    I'll pm you the OB I used for Ds1, after my loss. So understanding and patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you love and strength Simil <3
    I'm so very sorry that you are going through this.

I had stillborn twins at 17 weeks, was induced and delivered on the same day. I was offered PCA as pollydolly posted.
    The hospital staff were truly amazing, so very gentle and caring throughout.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry i forgot to add my ob (in Adelaide) gave me the option of delivering my babies naturally as well as having them surgically removed if i had wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Simil, I've been reading your journal. What a heartbreaking ride you're on. I think you're a lot like me. I need to know everything about tough situation and once I feel like I'm in possession of all the information and my options, no matter how bad it is, I feel more calm and ready to face it.

A lot of doctors don't get that and it can be like beating your head against a brick wall.

We terminated a pregnancy at 22 weeks and I remember it was very difficult to get specific information about what happens from doctors. If you like I can PM you the name of a Facebook group for people who terminated pregnancies.

In the meantime, my labour with my termination went much the same as it did for my babies that lived, just without the pushing. I took the mifeprostal 36 hours before the induction. The labour was fast and painful. My little boy was born alive and lived for 3 hours before he passed away.

I know exactly where your head is at right now. You desperately want to avoid labour if you can. One thing you may want to ask about is whether they can do an autopsy at that gestation. They can only do an autopsy if you terminate through L&D. This can give you vital information for future pregnancies.

If you do terminate, one thing to make sure they have before you start the process are the special pills that stop your milk from coming in. Neither my OB or midwife thought about that. It was the social worker who found them and she had to search.

Lastly, I'm so so sorry this is happening to your family xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (15-05-2017),Simil  (15-05-2017)