ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary17 View Post
    I'm worried about going from a tiny hatch (Getz) to a larger car!! It's like I'll be a learner all over again
    I'm going from Corolla to 4WD (I think we'll get a Mazda CX-5) and I was worried, but after talking to people who drive 4WDs, they've said visibility is better and they're easier to drive because of that. And you get used to the size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Subaru Outback. Best of both worlds. SUV wagon. Huge boot.
    This is what we are considering at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP is excited we are pregnant as has been dying to have a reason to upgrade to the Subaru Outback.

He currently has the Subaru XV and the back is way too small, door openings way to tiny to get babies/kids in & out easily. Whenever we look after our niece and nephew we ended up using my little Jazz hatch which was way more convenient & spacious than the XV!

So we plan on keeping the Jazz as a little run around car & upgrading to the Outback as our family car

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wheelsy For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Best type of car for a new family

We bought a Subaru Forester last year. So far it's been great to drive. So easy for me to get in and out of being heavily pregnant. Much better than my Mazda 3 which has since become DHs runaround car. Also when we bought our capsule, we tried it out in the car first before we bought it and it fits well. Both DH and I can fit in the passenger seat with the capsule behind quite comfortably so that's good too.

ETA The doors also open up to almost 90deg which makes it so much easier for getting the baby/capsule in and out of.
    Last edited by MLadyEm; 12-05-2017 at 12:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love Subaru outbacks!! They so fuel efficient if you don't want 7 seats.

But if u want 7 seats I would get a Kia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelsy View Post
    My DP is excited we are pregnant as has been dying to have a reason to upgrade to the Subaru Outback.

He currently has the Subaru XV and the back is way too small, door openings way to tiny to get babies/kids in & out easily. Whenever we look after our niece and nephew we ended up using my little Jazz hatch which was way more convenient & spacious than the XV!

So we plan on keeping the Jazz as a little run around car & upgrading to the Outback as our family car
    We have a Subaru Outback and a Honda Jazz also . We fit 3 kids (2 boosters and 1 baby seat) in both. I would like a 7 seater so I can take friends etc, but the outback is fine for our family.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

wheelsy  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will be fine! What I did when I went to a much bigger car was go out Sunday morning before anyone was about and practise u turns, angle park reverse parallel park and so on. So that I could get used to the size of the car without having to worry about anyone else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DynamiteandaLazerBeam For This Useful Post:

Mary17  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm worried about going from a tiny hatch (Getz) to a larger car!! It's like I'll be a learner all over again
    You will be totally fine! I'd only ever driven small cars then we got a Ford Territory. I actually find it easier due to being so high up and having such good vision. I did the Sunday morning practice thing but didn't really need to - yes 4WDs are big but you can see all around you which makes it much easier IMO!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

Mary17  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Best type of car for a new family

i thought this too when we were buying our volvo. id just almost written our audi a3 off in an idiotic prang i had that was 100% my own fault and i was already nervous about getting back behind the wheel and we upsized to a SUV. inside of a week i was back to my old self though, it's amazing how quickly you adapt. just stick to quieter streets first and build up your confidence. like maybe don't just go straight onto a 5 lane freeway and you'll be fine

14. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mary17  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone own or have owned a Toyota kluger? How did you find it with a new bub and prams etc?