ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am blessed to have a precious close sisterhood of friends. One is my oldest friend - we met in year 1 and our bond is probably the most organic and innate thing I have with anyone. I think it's because we grew up together and literally know everything about each other - warts and all. She lives an hour away, we catch up 3 or 4 times a year and talk on the phone in between those times. I have another close friend from high school. We see each other less but love each other a lot. Then there's my friend from uni, we are also very close (these three ladies were my bridesmaids).

When I moved to this city (away from the above people) I was so blessed to meet more wonderful women, 4 of which I would count as close friends I could call on at any second for any reason. All 4 of them (and their spouses) are Godparents to our kids.

I don't think I could isolate one as a bestie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. And I don't have any real friends (in the way most people regard friends) aside from FB friends who don't even live in the same state. And I don't PM with them that much.

I would love 1-3 close friends. But how you attain that as a 36 year old introvert who hardly leaves the house due to young kids/babies is beyond me. Plus I find it very difficult to find people I click with, and I don't see any point in making friends with people I don't feel a connection with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess I would consider a best friend someone that I would announce big news like a pregnancy, terminal illness or divorce to straight away. I don't have any friends like that. If I fell pregnant now, I would tell my MIL and that's it. I don't have anyone else to tell except the anonymous faces on forums like this.
    Or if I were getting married (already married but you get the point) I would have no one to ask to be bridesmaids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wish I had a best freind besides my husband. I had a very good freind we knew each other for 4 years I got cancer and then she dumped me. I have always found the whole making friends thing quite hard, my husband has 2 younger brothers 1 has a girlfriend and they recently bought a house together and the other one has not found the right person yet. But my hope was I would become best friends with my future sil, well considering I always make a effort to talk to her if I didn't start a conversation with her she would never talk to me or my husband for that matter.

She use to be a dietician before taking on a managers job and because of my love of cooking and her interest in food, I thought we we get along but she just chooses to ignore me which I find really difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    I did have, but she dropped me like a hot scone after our daughter passed away. Obviously I'm not as much fun anymore.

I'm so sorry. What a cow.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-05-2017),siansmum  (11-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is terrible, I hate it when you think you know someone and then they turn around and dump you for goodness knows reasons. All I can say is if that is how she is you better off without her because she was not a true freind in the begingjng

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do many of you ladies see your OH as your best friend?

I don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will admit I see my husband as my best freind, greatest supporter, one person I know I can rely on. He is my soul mate, lover and the one person I want to be with forever and grow old and grey haired with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a few very good friends that fulfil different needs so I'm not sure any of them would be my bestie. I'm still very close to a high school friend but with me being a sahm to two young kids and her being a recently married career girl, likes fitness and not sure if they will ever have kids our lives couldn't be more different. We sometimes go for weeks with minimal contact but always try to make an effort. I was her maid of honour last year which was very special.

I also have a group of girlfriends from uni I still chat with regularly although one is probably closer than the others, she lives almost 2 hours away and her girls are similar in age to dd2 so we see each other when we can. The others (group of 5) are 6 hours drive or overseas so it's now a more online friendship. They just kinda 'get' me in a way high school friends never did, we all did welfare/social work so discussions are always very interesting.

I also have a friend I made through my dig and we then joined the same local mothers group, I consider her amongst my closest friends and love her girls dearly. She's a bit more of a makes friend easily type of person than I am so I doubt I rate as highly in the close friends for her though and that's ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Do many of you ladies see your OH as your best friend?

I don't.
    Yep I do.